Flynn looking to earn starting QB position (article)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Beginning of the article; rest can be found here:

http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/04/05/42525ade2bcfe

2. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

But Matt’s significant playing time, despite passing for only 11 yards, in LSU’s Capital One Bowl Game loss to Iowa has his father confident about his chances of winning the starting job with spring practice in full swing.

“I felt like at that point, he was on equal footing with JaMarcus,” Alvin said.

Hmm, I wonder which Capital One Bowl they were watching? As for the one I attended in Orlando, I only remember Flynn in there for a series or two?

I want the best QB to win the position, obviously. I had hoped it would be Flynn. But then there's the Booty/Davey factor as well. The other players just didn't play as hard when Booty was starting, as they did later in 2000 when Davey was starting.

From what I heard about the coaches scrimmage this weekend, Jamarcus was on fire.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I swear to you that when I read about his "lowest point of his athletic career", my first guess was "third quarter of the 2005 Capital One Bowl".

For me, that's the only time I've seen Matt in action, so I don't have, say, him tearing up an Arkansas St. to compare to his bowl, uh, "performance".

Hope he pushes JaMarcus hard, for that'll go a long way to making both of them do their best this spring and summer.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I enjoyed reading that, thanks for the post. Matt being a tough competitor is what we all want and need of our QB's. Him and JR should both improve a lot over the next several months.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

There is a significant chance that this attitude will rub off on RP, and hopefully it will.