Flynn, young WRs must STEP UP tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerWins, Oct 20, 2007.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

We saw what Auburn's defense can do against a one dimensional offense last week against Ark. They held an explosive running attack, on the road, to only 67 yards.

I expect Auburn to load the box to stop our ground game. There should be plenty of opportunities to make plays with the pass. I know Doucet will be back, but I'm not convinced he's healthy enough to be a huge factor. It's time for the young WRs to grow up and make plays. And it's time for Flynn to make some accurate throws downfield.

Forget the BCS for now. This game is for the SEC West and the right to play in Atlanta. We must not be one dimensional. Give Flynn some easy throws early in the game to build some confidence. And catch the damn ball!

Oh yeah, it would be helpful for our aggressive defense to show up. They've been missing in action the past few weeks.

It's all or nothing tonight...

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Great post!
    I am nervous about this game tonight!
    Anything can happen when LSU and Auburn play!
    I'm looking for the team that played MSU and Virginia Tech to show up tonight!:thumb:

This team has confused me this year.
    Which team are we, the one from the first 3 games or the last 3?
    Stay tuned.

3. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

The last statement in the post "It's all or nothing tonight..." pretty much summarizes it.

Good post.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Needing Flynn and the WR's to step up is an understatement!

I've been a Matt Flynn appologist all season long. I've defended him when it was nec. (following the South Carolina game in which he was playing in his first game coming back from injury and in horrible weather conditions), and I've also defended him when it was hard to (following the Tulane and Florida games in which he didn't play very well, but well enough to get the win). But following his play last week, in what could simply be referred to as awful, Flynn is on a short leash--at least in my opinion--for tonight's game.

If Flynn still shows erratic accuracy against Auburn, then I would hope that RP would get his chance to actually throw the football to see if he can provide a spark because it's easier to accept performance in the passing game if you watch both QB's struggle with their accuracy than to just sit here and see only one (Flynn) be asked to pass the ball when he's having a bad day while the other QB never gets a chance.