Flynn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ccgw, Sep 24, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Funny how there is an entire thread criticizing all of the little things JR does wrong, but Flynn and RP stink up the place against Tulane and everybody has an excuse for them.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

His throwing arm can't be hurt or fatigued too bad. He dropped that Tulane D-lineman with a stiff arm on his touchdown run using his throwing arm. :hihi:

3. clair

clair Rockets

I won't elaborate, because I don't know how true this is, but arm problems may not be the only thing on his mind these days...

Shoot me a PM or something if you need more details

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I am not trying to find excuses for them, esp. Flynn because the facts indicate that Flynn IS still hurting. IF Flynn does have a structural problem of a rotator cuff tear, then I don't see how his performance cannot be affected. Yes, ...football players ARE supposed to play with pain, and have all these steroid injections to mask the pain / problem; but I do have a problem with these kids being hurt more. I feel there is quite an urgent need for RP to get more reps for the much needed game experience if, God forbid, Flynn does have a significant shoulder problem that would prevent him from performing at the level he is capable of. RP made a horrible looking first throw when he got into Tulame game; but I am not ready to chastise him so quickly as we really haven't seen much of him at all.
    ________
    Universal health warehouse

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I don't think you can expect a backup QB who doesn't get a whole lot of game reps to come in and immediately set the place on fire. There's got to be a "breaking-in" period and he didn't play enough series to really get things going. I will give him props for good headwork after the botched snap, though. A lot of QBs would've tried to run backwards and make a throw, I think.

Frankly, though, I never thought I'd see the day when people were worried about the health of the backup, especially when the starter has shown no signs of injury or poor play.

6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

That is partly I am a big fan of MF. However, if he does have an injury, that will be very significant as he may need to be call on if JR does get hurt ( knock on lots of wood), or if JR happens to have an off day or is ineffective in any game. With RP being so green on the sidelines, that's what got me concerned.
    ________
    GENERAL INSURANCE FORUMS

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a legitimate enough concern, but it's just not everyday you see fans worried about the health of backups. I guess that comes with the territory, though, of having two backups who could be starting anywhere else.

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Why did he miss the Peach Bowl? We've played three out of four cupcakes. Russell has not been het yet.
    With hopes of a SEC Championship still lingering I am concerned about the backup because what are the chances of Russell playing the rest of the season without an injury? In recent history, Tyler got his start because the starter was injured. Since then Booty, Rohan, Mauck and Russell have all been injured at some point in the season as starters. Chances are that Flynn will be needed sometimes this year. RP may be gifted but he is unproven.