Flynn's draft prospects

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mobius481, Apr 24, 2008.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

2. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think he goes in the last 2 rounds somewhere.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

From Matt Flynn's stats in that article:

How many QBs out there would give most of their possessions to have the same disappointing campaign. :rolleye33:

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

that would be in comparision to where his stock could have risen to with the spotlight.

same could be said about booty and brohm too.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Man, no joke! I would think waiting behind Russell, being patient, and winning a :crystal: is something a LOT of QBs would love.

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Getting drafted in round 6-7, getting paid pretty good $ to know the playbook, ride the bench and not get your head bashed in? I would take it.

Heck one day he could get called up, do well, and never lose the starting spot, ala Tom Brady. Just has to go to a team with weapons. Regardless he will have a job, and he will be the only active LSU QB with a NC ring. Pretty cool.

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Except for the money he could have a better career than JR. At Oakland, Joe Montana would have a tough time being a winner. Flynn will be drafted as a backup, hopefully on a pretty good team.

1 person likes this.
  9. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I keep hearing that Oakland wants to take D McFadden.....wouldn't the combo of JR and D-Mac be just a little bit scary? I would think so.

10. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I can't help but remember back to the beginning of the season when there were threads on this board talking about Flynn being a early pick in the NFL draft. :)

We should dig that thread up and chuckle. I'm not hating on Matt, but you really have to remember what the draft is about. Drafting athletes and guys who impress at the combine. That said, that's why the number of high-performing QBs (ala, Brees, Brady, etc. etc.) who were low draft picks are so high.

But, some of our posters were trying to convince us that Matt would be a first or second round pick. :confused:

Flynn is worthy of late round (6th or 7th) consideration. Some team may roll the dice and pick him up late. Otherwise, heck, he should be a free agent for the Texans or Saints. I'd like that (although I'm not even sure that Flynn is a better athlete than the Saint's Palko). :thumb: