Food for thought

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jul 5, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Word. I can agree to that.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Far what it's worth, the God I know doesn't get bad peoples attention by killing thousands of good people and ruining the survivors lives. Not a good way to get people on your team.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I never said that, you did.
    I stated something in the old testament.
    You shouldn't mix the old and the new correct?

Hmm,
    However the book of Revelations talks about disasters in the last days.
    Revelations isn't about all love now there is it?
    Yes, god loves and forgives us but that doesn't mean we won't pay a price
    at some point because there are consequences for everything we do including
    sin.
    God gives us our own free will!
    Sorry, I don't sugar coat everything.

The thing is that I agree that in the post above:
    America has forgotten and left morals out of the country therefore the youth and others of today
    can do pretty much anything they want, scott free without having any guilt.
    These are consequences i refer to and if you deny that then I don't know.

4. tiger fan 2001

Actually I didn't. I don't believe he is in the punishing or getting attention business. His business is about bringing people to him thru love. (Different thread) Who's attention was he trying to get by killing thousands of people "innocent" on 9-11. Surely not the terrorist.

And your ref to revelations. Depending on your interpretation, belief , teaching or whatever.... Christians will be out pre tribulation. Originally ment to put pre trib not pre rapture.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Have you ever heard of the tribulation? I don't know what your eschatological views are but the pre-millenial view is that there will be a 7 year period with the world uniting under the leadership of the Antichrist ushered in by a peace treaty between Israel and her enemies. This 7 year period is marked by various plagues and calamities including the death of 1/4th of mankind (Rev 6:8), hail and fire mingled with blood raining down and burning up (Rev 8:7), 1/3rd of the waters becoming bitter and causing men to die (Rev 8:11), and many other bad things to get peoples (especially the Jews) attention.

Also in Ezekial 39 there is something commonly referred to as the Gog/Magog war in which the coalition of armies led by Russia, including Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and a bunch of other arabic/muslim countries (I know Iran isn't arabic they are persian but they are Muslim) gets totally destroyed.
    Now you may hold a different eschatological stance and have a different biblical interpretation than I do so this may mean absolutely nothing to you but the Bible is riddled with places where God allows "bad things" to happen to get peoples attention, most usually the Jews.

6. tiger fan 2001

Show me two quotes in the new testament that confirm each other about God doing something horrific to get peoples attention.

I wonder how many jews became Christians because of 9-11

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

How preterist are you?

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I'm not preterist at all, since preterists believe Revelation was fulfilled in 70 AD with the destruction of the temple, i'm very pre-millenial and pre-trib. I'm not saying that has happened yet i'm saying that it will come to happen in the future. I don't know how anyone can believe the preterist view because it is obvious all of the tribulation (ie time of Jacob's Trouble) prophecies did not come to pass such as there being a rebuilt temple, Jesus returning at the end of the 7 years, etc...

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Disagree,
    I think he does try and get peoples attention, signs and wonders listed
    throughout the bible.
    Even talks about the last days, Earthquakes, etc.

I never said he was getting someones attention by innocent people of 9-11?:confused: That isn't what I said anywhere here.
    Although i do wonder about these great disasters and other things that
    happen now days? Sometimes?
    Doesn't mean I think he does it although I wonder about how God is able
    to have so much patience with us since he didn't have as much with all
    of the old testament.
    Must have to do with Jesus and the new testament.

If you think its all about love than why is there a hell?
    Why are there bad consequences in the world also if its all love?
    God gives us free will, its up to us to choose and their are consequences as
    a result of our actions, good and bad.

10. tiger fan 2001

First of al your implication based on the start of this thread is that 9-11 was to get peoples attention. I disagee

2nd Hell is for people who don't accept Christ as Lord and Savior. Not because they did bad things.

There have been earthquakes and stuff for a very long time don't even go there. I have heard all about the birthing pains of the earth and all that.

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane
    Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding the attacks on Sept. 11).

Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She
    said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives.

And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How
    Can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?"

Back to the thread beginning. I don't think this answer was profound or insightful in anyway. A profound answer would have been "I don't know". Because really she doesn't.
    So if a minority of the populace doesn't want God and you do you don't get his protection for you and your family. But yet nothing happens to the people who are hollering for his removal. Strange god.