Food for Thought

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chase4LSU, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Criticism and ranting aside, when I watched the La Tech game, it occurred to me that JL might want to transfer. It was just his mannerisms and performanc that made me ask myself this. Does anyone think he will try to?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

his facial expression made me think, he is depressed.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I think if he wants a realistic chance at playing college football and getting a fresh start, he would be wise to transfer to a FCS school to finish his college career. He has the physical tools, but given the toll that the pick-6's, the coaches and the booing jackass fans have taken on him, I don't think he will mentally be in the game while he plays at LSU. For his sake a fresh start is just what the doctor ordered. For us, we'll be thin at QB again, but without an experienced player who, frankly, appears to be a liability on the field.

4. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I also feel sorry for him and believe he should transfer for his own mental health and a chance to be successful in college ball. JJ is back. Garrett will have 1.5 years in the system next fall. RS will also have 1.5 years in the system and, despite what some think, I believe he can play QB if needed. It wouldn't be ideal, but I think LSU would be better off simply because Lee has been through the ringer and the other choices could do better than him by then.

:geaux:

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I really don't think he is an FBS QB. I think he'd be best off transferring to FCS to give him an extra year and the chance to start.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

the kid is talented, i think he could be successful under a guy who could coach him up, and with a more simple offense. I am starting to think that Crowton's offense is just way to cute and complicated.

7. Chase4LSU

Yes, he is talented. But just dropping back and throwing won't cut unless you've got a great line. Maybe somewhere else has it, but with our coaches, our line, and the best he can hope for is the guy ahead of him gets injured, I just don't see him succeeding here. That is, if he choses to keep dropping back and throwing. With his weight, I think he could pick up solid yards on the ground to keep the defense on edge. But that takes work and time.

8. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

He's already redshirted, so if he transfers to a FBS program he's going to have an uphill battle to become the starter there. If he transfers to an FCS school he will be able to play immediately, have that extra year, and most likely be easily the most talented QB on the roster. That is why I say he should go FCS.

9. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Lee would excel at a school with a strong running game.

10. Chase4LSU

Because of the running game, or because of the strong OL? I say the latter