Football and the Confederacy

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by bitter ND, Mar 26, 2007.

1. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Cajun, She was born in McComb... so...

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i thought she was from kentwood.
    mccomb makes me think of mr. whiskers. (the restaurant not britney:hihi: )

3. lsubatgirl04

Raised in Kentwood... born in McComb. :yelwink2:

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

gotcha, i should really brush up on my britney knowledge.:)

5. lsubatgirl04

I know this because I argued with some people here that she is "from" Louisiana but they pulled the birth certificate that says "McComb, Mississippi." One argument I was happy to lose.

6. bigbowe80

bigbowe80 Founding Member

Nah I don't think so. I read a big article on him and Brock Berlin being big buddies. When Berlin was QB for Miami, Scott would actually go on the sidelines of the Orange Bowl with his young son just to watch Berlin play. They went way back to the days when Berlin was just a junior higher going to Evangel and Stapp would play instruments in the church band years before Creed and all of that foolishness if I member correctly. So I mean I don't know if he was like born in the Orlando officially or whatever but I guess he claims Shreveport pretty much cause he seems to have grown up there for most of his early childhood and adolesants. Whew! I feel like I'm the narrater guy from "Beyond the Glory" or something haha.

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Because Kentucky sucks?

Most people don't even know that we are named after a civil war battalion and I have yet to hear of someone complaining about our mascot.

Well obviously, those areas are closer to Dallas than New Orleans and were settled by different types of people. Comparing the two is like comparing north and south California. Northern California tends to be much more conservative than Southern Cal, how do you explain that?

8. Frog

Frog Freshman

:nope:

1 person likes this.
  9. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I don't have the time at this moment to read this whole thread so if this was said sorry!!!

You can flame bitter all you like but you have to give him some credit he can sure get a five page thread going at a slow time on the board!! See it is true you can't have a village without an idiot!!! (I am kidding Bitter!! I actually gave you green because I think I will enjoy reading this thread when I get a chance!!!)

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

UK has 7 NCAA Basketball Championship wins and 1(?) NCAA Fooball Championship win- which was in 1950. Their first appearance in a bowl game since 1986 (due to probation for several NCAA violations) was this year where they beat Clemson in the Music City Bowl.
    I'm guessing that over the years the fans have stuck with the winner.

I dont think the PC police are after LSU for being linked to the confeteracy. They have bigger fish to fry than us- and, really, who cares?

North La vs South La- a very heated debate here- I had no idea! Just like any other state or country different locations will have different cultures (North vs South Korea), possibly religions (North vs South Ireland) just to name a few. The way I hear it is that the city of South Bend and the ND campus are like night and day, and that's just in a city.