(Football) Gold Jerseys v Purple Jerseys Poll and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PGTiger, Mar 8, 2005.

?

Gold jerseys vs Purple: Which do you prefer?

1. Gold helmet/Purple jersey

35 vote(s)
    81.4%
  2. Gold helmet/Gold jersey

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. White helmet/Gold jersey

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Re: Gold jerseys

The problem w/ the gold jerseys is that the style doesn't match the purple nor the white. I think the gold jerseys, if they are to be used on occassion, need to have the same "shoulder stripe" configuration (and in this case, should be purple-white-purple across the tops of the shoulders). I would also take some of the "shine/sparkle" off of the gold jerseys so that they at least match the helmet (which, I hope we NEVER change to any kind of "metallic" look--I like the standard yellow).

having said that though, I prefer the white jerseys the best--and the occassional home game wearing purple. I'm not a fan of the gold jerseys, nor the white helmets--they're OK to use once every few seasons--but I don't like the "non-traditional" uniforms.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I can't help but look at that picture and think of some second-tier program that just throws color combinations together without thought. ....White helmets, yellow jerseys, white pants with purple "leggings"?!?!? :confused: :dis:

Nasty! :eek: .... It's an embarrassment :shock: . They look like gymnastics uniform rejects... :shock:

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

:rofl::rofl: Those alien outfits are really Oregon's only redeeming quality. I don't think I'll watch any of their games on HD though, as it might send my dog into convulsions, or at least burn out a retina.

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

i like the whites, they rest suck, but of the rest the purple is the best sucky one.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I don't know, I like the white helmet and gold jersey better the other alternative options.

It's so damned ugly and wreacks of a Goodwill sale so much that there is no mistaking these as our usual uniforms. Maybe some viewers/opponents would just think it's a joke, and we're clowning on the NCAA.

6. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I know they look kind of high schoolish, but I think I like the white helmets and gold jerseys. If I had it my way, we'd never wear anything but the white jerseys, but if we had to, I would want the white helmets. I really don't like the gold jersey with the gold helmet. They look like a bunch of bananas running around.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I love the concept of the purple jerseys. The problem with them is that the ones they actually wear on the field have way to much space in the mesh. It looks really tacky to see the purple jerseys with the white shoulder pads showing underneath. If the purple jerseys were solid, or at least a tighter mesh, it would look a lot better.

Personally, I think I like the purple jerseys a little better than the white, however. Not to say I think we should wear purple all the time at home, but I wouldn't mind seeing purple a couple more times a year, or for at least one big game a year.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Purple Helmets
    Gold Jerseys
    White Pants

Nuff Said!

9. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

I love the combo of the white helmet and the gold jersey. I think it looks tight ass. I wish we would use them more often...
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

None of the above.

White jerseys home and away. gold hats, gold britches. Purple trim.