Football on your cell phone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 8, 2003.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Thanks, I'll look into those. I have several radio streaming apps already, I just haven't had any luck getting WWL. It was very frustrating Sunday driving back from Atlanta and not being able to listen to the Saints game until halftime.

Edit - I've also been told to try ooTunes and FlyCast.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah those are the ones for your iphone.

i think wwl puts their stuff up on the site if you want to listen to it after for stuff you've missed.

3. jibboo

jibboo Founding Member

Back in pre-internet days I worked at a radio station that broadcast LSU sports. Had people calling from all over the US asking to be put on hold, so they could listen to the game.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This is very much the case. Been watching college and pro sports on my phone for a couple of yrs, also when not on major networks, or ESPN listen to the radio broadcast. Sprint tv and radio have all the channels I need.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nice segue. Do spammers sleep?

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

ESPN is starting to stream more and more video content for mobile devices, so with the SEC's contract we should be nearing the point where you can even watch the games on your phone.

I don't know if this business venture has much of a chance. There's now way it will be able to compete with mobile streaming video.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have a slingbox with the iphone app. Works great and can watch anything you can watch at home including On Demand and DVR. Best part is no fees.