Football or Basketball?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mike5705, May 10, 2004.

?

Football or basketball

1. Football DT

24 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Basketball PF

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

Now that Glen Davis is coming to play basketball at lsu:thumb: and is supposably academically eligible , here is the question, would u rather see him play football (where he was touted as a top recruit as an OL or DT) or basketball????

I feel i would rather have this beast for football because I would rather not waste his talent on the coaching of john brady and would rather him play some football for nick saban and learn to be dominant.

2. Justin Credible

Justin Credible Founding Member

Basketball.....

they don't call him Big Baby for nothing.:wink:

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

In basketball, Davis is a special player with exceptional size. In football, his size is no longer special.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Brady didn't do a bad job with Stro.

And maybe you could pay attention in school and learn to spell.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Coaching scouts aren't required to take spelling so I am not sure why he should pay attention....they are 'dominate' by nature.

6. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

just get over the way i spell something there are frickin 1000 misspelling in this forum.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

SabanFan has precious few points to hang his very small hat on when it comes to his athletic support (;-0) of John Brady.

We are led to believe that John Brady took a 6-8 gangly player that had absolutely no talent and molded him into the #2 pick in the draft by this individual. Nevermind that his talent was already developed enough out of high school that Michigan, and even the NBA were calling (though his weight was too much of a cause for concern for the Association). Nevermind that the S&C staff did more for Stromile Swift's stock than John Brady ever did (..and guess what, Brady even had Nick Bucholtz removed from the basketball staff and had Dean FIRE HIM even though Swift LOVED HIM!)...

John Brady is the man that made Stromile Swift. Swift was NOTHING before Brady, and obviously, he has been nothing since, so it is apparent that John Brady's Messianic talent development skills alone are enough to appoint him coach for life!

As for his attacks on your spelling, I wonder if he'd dare to question Einstein's spelling...Ever seen a copy of any of his handwritten corespondence, SabanFan? Another classic case of don't sweat the small stuff. Lots of people are too busy remembering things like theories of relativity and the nuclear question as opposed to how to correctly spell dominant.

Please, regale us all with a pithy quote you picked up from your daily e-mail from MSN.com or your book of quotations you read when you're on your crapper. Your level of refinement and culture dazzles us to the point where I fear soon as soon as I see your username, I'll have to have welding goggles to view your missives...

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

dude, all he said was "Brady didn't do a bad job with Stro.". yet you say:

"We are led to believe that John Brady took a 6-8 gangly player that had absolutely no talent and molded him into the #2 pick in the draft by this individual."

thats cheap, man. address what the man said, without making up straw men to knock down. be honest. discuss things with some integrity.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Basketball

We don't necessarily need him in football (no lack of talent there), but everyone knows that the basketball teams needs all the talent it can get it's hands on. Now if you don't care about LSU basketball, then I can see why you'd pick football.

Just so long as he's a tiger, he can't really go wrong. :thumb:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He just likes to hear himself talk. Figuratively speaking, of course. By the way TE. Correspondence has 2 Rs.

Get your facts straight first. Then you can distort them as you please. -Mark Twain