Football Press Conference

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OpelousasLSUFan, Feb 10, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

One thing I like looking at this staff is that we don't appear to have any fired head coaches on staff. Everytime I see a team with several ex head men they seem to flounder.

I wonder which of these coaches will be given Florida as their primary recruitng area? Anyone konw if any of these guys have recruited that area successfully in the past?

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I see Peveto coached under Dana Dimel at UH.

Given the fact that Dimel posted back to back #1 recruiting classes in all of Conference USA in 2000 and 2001---and had no prior links to Texas before coming to Houston---I'd say Peveto had a good deal to do with that success (Dimel redshirted a bunch of kids early on, so don't judge the quality of these kids solely on the 8-26 record Dimel had at UH).

Anything that bolsters LSU's visibility and rep in southeast Texas is a very, very good thing. :thumb:

(PS-I assume Les will have a weekly radio appearance here in Houston just as Nick did. It'll be nice to hear a coach with some personality on the air for a change...LOL.)

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

This sure has been one hell of a rollacoaster ride. Coach Saban leaves us. Recruits start dropping like flies. Speculation. Miles hired - lots of uncertainty. No recruits picked up. No DC named. Speculation. Right before signing day, we get several awesome recruits including number 1 in the country. Entire staff is named which looks to be spectacular especially with as late as Miles got here.

Coach Miles obviously knows how to work hard and I don't think we as Tiger fans could have hoped for any coach to do any better in his circumstances. I look forward to many great things to come with LSU football under Les Miles!

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Most important "hire" by miles is retaining moffit... a big part of lsu's success has been the speed and power from moffit's program, not to mention very few injuries.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

absolutely. that's why they simply outlasted all of the weaker (ore. st., vandy, troy, ole miss) teams this year in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. he also drastically improves the overall team speed. i'm still amazed at how fast our d-line is quite often.

6. hpmcdaniel

hpmcdaniel Founding Member

You have said it all. Great Post.

Heather:eek:ldskule:

7. lsufan99

lsufan99 Founding Member

For those of us who didn't get to hear the press conference, can someone post the hilights of what was said.

8. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

This is great news. I am very happy with the staff. Coach did a great job recruiting and staffing. An SEC Championship looms right around the corner!

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I know Coach Miles took some time getting his staff assembled, but he wanted toget the right people in place even if it took a little longer than expected, and from what I can see he has done a great job. My only disappointment is we have to wait 7 more months for football season to begin.:crystal: :hihi:

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I guess this means Pelini will be coaching the LB's but I'm not sure. Maybe he and Peveto will both coach them.