Football receives sanctions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Feb 26, 2015.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Another brick in the wall of college football. Just about done with it.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Maybe all colleges should hire middle school teachers as highly paid advisors. We know, first hand, how these little SOB's lie like dogs and have the integrity of rattlers. Harsh, maybe. True, absolutely. I would not trust any of this rabble as far as my size 13 brogan could kick their "we are entitled" arses.

They are not my friends and if one trusts anyone other than one's friends, one's very best friends, well, that is bad on you. Goes hand and hand with "de-commit." No integrity whatsoever.

A little less ass lickin and a little more butt kickin and we and the game would be a lot better off!

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Like Red has said before, set up a minor league to the NFL, and let the players who really just want a football career go play there, and players who want an education and to represent their school play college ball. That would take a lot of this crap out of it. And, grown men like us wouldn't be tracking which player from which state will be committing to our team - not because they have a passion for LSU, but b/c it is a pathway to the NFL. Young men who attend LSU would then represent their University on the football field, and it would be a fairly level field for each school, and not stacked based on who has the 6mil dollar coach, and whose recruiting budgets are the biggest.

red55 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. - Vito Corleone

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pretty idealistic but it would never work
    The quality of football at the college level would go way down and where is the money and the fanbase for the minor league teams going to come from? Are you going to spend your time and money going to the Baton Rouge Mudbugs games and buying t shirts and hats? And do you really care whether a Leonard Fournette or a Patrick Peterson is at LSU because he wants an education or sees it as his best path to the NFL?

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Good points. I see what you are saying. It just seems college football has gotten a bit ridiculous over time.

Brian likes this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Do you really feel this way about your middle schoolers?

8. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Nothing new... One can find the same being asked in Ancient Greece, "Why are the Olympic athletlete paid more than physician, philosophers .." Of course, it was the philosophers who were doing the asking.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A better idea would be to let those players who want an education to enroll in regular college classes leading to a degree and let D'UmbJaque Jones play for the college team of his choice but got to classes at a local trade school or business college to learn a skill when he finds out that he is going to be spending his future Sundays watching football instead of playing it. LSU could do some kind of affiliation with a trade school, a business college or even things like a cooking school or a school of broadcasting leading to some sort of associates degree. A friend of mine went to a cooking school in Baton Rouge that has some affiliation with the University of Hawaii He has a degree from the U of Hawaii even though he has never been to Hawaii.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why do dumbass actors and rappers make way more money than pro athletes?