Football Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Apr 1, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

But we're supposed to be OK with getting to the Final Four right?

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Hey, that's great. I just wish either team would have shown up. Once there, neither showed any heart or preparation. Just sloppy play. I don't want to take anything away from their accomplishments, I just didn't like the way they finished.

Baseball got swept, men got stomped, and women got slapped around. LSU took the weekend off.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

man, i agree 100% with you. just a little of a jab towards sunshine pumpers.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't know, but practice injuries are WAY up in the Les Miles era, probably because he goes full speed including hard tackling. Nick Saban used "thump" tackling where the player wasn't taken down to the ground, both to cut down on practice injuries and to allow quicker recycling between plays to get in more plays in practice.

Dinardo also took a lot of practice injuries. I think Nick may have been on to something with his style. On the other hand, LSu always got off to slow starts under Nick, expecially with linemen not blocking and tacking very hard in the first couple of games. There are trade-offs, I suppose.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Most coaches across the country include live tackling in their practices. I don't think that's the only reason for the injuries.

It's not just the practice injuries - there were injury issues through out the year. This team has been devastated with injury to impact players. Some game time, some practice.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Guys, just remember UGA in '03. They seemed cursed. Someone was getting injured constantly. Meanwhile, LSU was incredibly lucky, yes lucky, that year.

Since then, we've had Skyler Green injured in practice the week before the '04 season opener (he was never really the same), along with Alley last year, Russell's wrist (then shoulder), JV's knee (on turf--where it's very common for that to happen), and now another ACL apparently.

Injuries are just a part of the game. They happen to every team--some years more than others. But it's nice to see that we're back to pointing fingers at Miles...we've only got five months before we can start back full time on him.

7. tiger386

tiger386 Freshman

I had tickets, but was not able to attend. I gave the tickets to one of my co-workers. I read the report on lsusports.net and saw that Dwayne Bowe looked good. How about the offensive line? I know we were losing Whitworth and Niswanger, so I was curious to see how they did. Could somebody post a report on the O-Line? Thanks:helmet: :geauxtige

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't know about incredibly lucky - we did have a string of injuries to the RB position, we just happened to have some great depth that minimized the effect.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

According to Dandydon, the first string O-line was very good. Depth is the real problem there.

10. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

The year we played Iowa in the Capital One Bowl they had lost their top 4 RB's. It happens. I really doubt it's because our conditioning program is sub par. I doubt that it's because Les doesn't know how to run a practice. We recruit some of the biggest, fastest defensive players in the country. When they get a chance to hit our backs every day, it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt. However, I think it's mostly just bad luck.