Football Talk OSU and LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sauer, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Sauer

Sauer Freshman

Are there any LSU fans who think this game will be close? From your post all of you seem to think your team is the greatest. The season has not started yet. What are your initial impressions from practice. How have the scrimages been for your team? I have read a few articles about players coming into camp out of shape. What are your thoughts on that. Also I would like to know about your RB how good is he. Could you compare him at all to to Steven Jackson? I know we have one RB who is big like Jackson just not as fast. But he is very quick and only a sophomore. I think Ryan Cole will be our starting RB. To bad we dont still have Jackson or I would be saying upset. ;) I really think our run defense will be fine. If we can limit your team to around 100 tough yards I think we will be ok. And most of you know we have a top ten secondary. Also I have been on here before some of you might remember me. My Grandfather Ray Collins played for LSU so I am sort of an LSU fan but I will be hoping for an OSU win.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Nah, actually I am the only fan here saying LSU will be upset... i really don't think so but i feel it will be one of those games where our mistakes may bite us in the ass so it could be a learning experience.

Scrimmages have been good as far as a scrimmage goes...players being out of shape? Nah that's an NFL type coach who wants perfection and needs something to motivate his NC defenders.

Justin Vincent is our starting RB who was a frosh last year after our top 2 RB's went down... he only manhandled the SEC and especially made UGA and OU his bitch. ran for over 1000 yards starting only the last 6 games of the year. We have so many talented RBs our starter last year is in the slot while our 5th one transferred and could start for OSU in a heartbeat. Justin is a determined kid unlike stephen jackson who seemed to lack discipline at times. He runs hard and has a vision of the field that you cannot teach, similar to emmitt smith. He is also fast. If not for Derrek Strait he woulda scored from 80 yds out first possession of the Sugar Bowl you shoulda watched.

Your secondary won't matter. Our O-Line will crush you as we probably have the best tackle in the country and without a doubt the best center. Also, meet Nate Livings who the scouts are salivating over. Welcome to LSU's rushing game and welcome to the end of your upset. This game is really over before it starts....

DA will be so confused and rattled there is no hope for your team. A backdoor cover is your only hope and that's a 17 point line.

Yeah we saw your top 10 secondary against USuCk last year. way to go.

enjoy your beating cuz its coming.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I will give you my honest thoughts about the game. You may not like them but oh well. :)

In scrimmages and practice the defense has pretty much dominated.

From one perspective, this is a great sign. Not only has the defense been doing well but new players have been making a name for themselves on defense. Should be more than enough to fill the void left by the likes of Lavalais and Hill.

From another perspective, it is hard to tell how well the offense is doing or not because of the defense they are going up against in practice and scrimmages. Fans have mixed feelings about the quarterback situation but.... JaMarcus Russell is an absolutely amazing talent and if Marcus Randall is good enough to gain a starting job over Russell then that bodes well and I like our chances.

Since Saban has arrived in town, the qb's primary job has been to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers and avoid crucial mistakes. Well, at starting running back and a mere handoff away is perhaps one of the best young playmakers in the SEC in Justin Vincent. I really see him getting in the range of 140-160 yards against Oregon State, especially behind an experienced o-line.

What I look forward to most though is the matchup of LSU's other playmakers, the talented but young receivers, against the highly talented Oregon State defensive backs. I wonder if they have the speed neded to cover these receivers, no doubt they likely have the skills to cover them though.

For one saturday last year I was a huge beavrer fan as I sat and watched Oregon State play USC. I felt USC needed to lose in order for LSU to jump ahead of them in BCS standings, boy am I glad I was wrong! I remember the early nice touchdown pass against USC and my excitement early in that game. What I remember most though is the gut-wrenching re-occurence of interceptions thrown by Oregon State and this qb did not have near the pressure he will see against LSU. As for a successful running game you can forget about it. :)

All in all I suppose I am like most others and do not see tis game being close. If you'd like a call on the score, I would say...

LSU 45
    Oregon St. 17

(wayyy too late to proofread this post, hopefully the coonass typos are not tooooo bad)

4. ABeaver

ABeaver Founding Member

Current Vegas spread has the tigers by 20.

5. tirk

smart money speaks louder than me.

6. Sauer

Sauer Freshman

your so classy

We also have a very solid center and our O line will be much better than last year. Also DA went up against USC last year. In case you forgot USC had a very good D line one of the best if not the best. I dont remember DA getting to rattled in fact I think he had close to 500 yards passing. Yes USC had a really bad pass defense but when any QB is sacked as many times as DA was it can be very hard to stay cool and perform like he did. My point is DA who is a senior will be fine against your god like defense. Also think what you want about our secondary. Our CB Brandon Browner was a freshman last year and he was our best CB. He will only get better. Aric williams is a senior this year. They will show up to play I dont give a s#%@ who your wr's are. Also I only mentioned upset if we still had STEVEN JACKSON. We dont so it might help if you read my post you tard! Also get it right its Steven not stephen.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Not sure how you could be so riled up by Tirk's response.

You interpret his confidence in our team as an insult to yours.

Just when I thought there was someone who actually wanted opinions, you respond to opinions with name calling. Speaking of 'tards.....

8. Sauer

Sauer Freshman

Good post but like I said O line should be much better than last years. They have been great at practice. DA will be fine if he has players step up to make the plays. He needs his recievers to play very good. Mainly run very good routes because you have a lot of speed.

9. Sauer

Sauer Freshman

It was good till the end. Maybe calling him a tard was a bit much sorry but it seemed like he wanted to get me to get riled up. Guess it worked.

10. tirk

are you really one to correct my spelling? No, I wasn't riling anyone up. If I wanted to, trust me you'd know.

Now, don't come on my board trying to show me up or I may become riled up. thanks. I usually have a level head.