Football Talk OSU and LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sauer, Aug 20, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

OSU will look pitiful against LSU come September 4. You will go back home wondering if your QB is any good and if you will win another game. That's how badly you guys will be manhandled, especially by our D.

2. Sauer

Sauer Freshman

Look Im not trying to show anyone up. And no I shouldnt talk about spelling but I do try to get Peoples names right. Also I did apologize for calling you a Tard and I will say that I am sorry for anything else I said that may of maid me look like a tard. So I will say this. While you have confidence in your team so do I so when you say things like. Yeah we saw your top 10 secondary against USuCk last year. way to go and, Your secondary wont matter our o line will crush you. There are other ways of saying things without sounding like a jerk. So look here turk in stead of talking about stupid crap like this you can except my apology and we can talk some football bacause that is the reason I came in here in the first place.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ok before i give my rebuttal, lemme recap:

people's, made, tirk, instead, accept, because.

No, I sincerely posted what i felt...our O-Line will crush you yet I still said I think we could be upset. Did you see that small detail? I think your team has the talent to do so in a backdoor sort of way just because of the timing of our meet.

If you get offended by honesty, that's your problem since i was as cordial as I could be. I am about to get nasty since I am updating some servers at work and our network has problems and I am not in a good mood. heh good luck to your team. I am an OSU fan since Erickson took over, btw. I like their play minus the idiots.

4. Sauer

Sauer Freshman

Ok maybe I am the problem. I am sorry I jumped to a conclusion but your first paragraph and last two seemed to contradict what you said. So I took your first post as sarcasm. Sorry I also know what it is like to work on servers and have network issues. I work at a computer store and network problems can be big pain. The worst are the stores I walk in to that have a network but look like they were put together by a five year old. Also when i'm typing I really dont pay much attention to my spelling but people's names I do try. Now to football OSU has some strong offense. Mainly TE, and WR. OSU is very deep with talented tight ends. WR we have Hass coming back not so fast but runs solid routes and some incredible hands. He had a great catch at the USC game last year. We have some great Freshman coming. Anthony Wheat Brown is fast and a solid WR. I really think he will start for LSU game. Marcel Love a JC transfer also quick and looks to be very good. The nice thing is all of our wide receiver's are making plays in practice.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

heh, glad you understand my long ass hours at work since my female half doesn't. Anyhow, thanks for the updates on your players...some I wasn't aware of such as your TE's....that could pose a problem for our LB but i wouldn't bet on it.

Your WR update really jumps out at me...we have some all american speed demons who are ready to light you up and you are reaching for some scrubs who can possibly start. prepare for your demise. its not far off.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

That's not what I'm seeing

17 points ... 20 points ... won't matter

LSU 33 OSU 6

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You should practice what you preach.

As far as your hopes for an upset go? You're delusional. Be ready to understand why the SEC is what it is.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Sauer, what reasoning are you basing your O-line being better on. You've lost I think all but one guy off of a pretty good line?

While I am sure DA has matured he does seem to have the propensity to make a lot of throws that he shouldn't make, do you really think that has just gone away in the offseason after exhibiting those tendencies for 3 years? It's very hard for a guy to change all of a sudden and there is no way OSU can simulate the Tigahs game time pass rush with real hitting.

I have heard you have 2 good tight ends, hopefully we will have the proper coverage calls as I think a tight end can be a very dangerous weapon in this day of 3 and 4 wideouts. UGA and OU both scored on us last year with passes to the tight end. Of course it does make our defense a little special when you can remember the few scores we gave up last season, so you can see where much of our optimism comes from.

You're corners do get a lot of good press, what about your nickel & dime backs as well as your safeties. I have a feeling that if your corners are as good as advertised we will work on your other guys? Our TE's are very good also and kind of get lost on the minds of Tigah fans because of all of our other exceptional talent. David Jones was third on the depth chart last year and moved up to number one and played good ball down the stretch. He is very fast and athletic for a TE.

What do your LB's look like? Are they returning starters? We replace one starter and the competition for that spot is fierce. We are returning our MLB who makes the calls for the front seven and he is a 3 year starter and has really blossomed into a good one. Less athlectic than his 2 All American predecessors but maybe better at reads and calls. He doesn't make many tackled downfield, instead he makes most of them within a yard or 2 of the line of scrimmage.

We also are replacing only one starter in the secondary and his replacement played a lot last year and had 33 tackles. He will probably be the one making most of the secondary calls so it is very important that he knows what he is doing. Who makes your calls and what is his experience.

I won't predict the score as I am terrible at it but I really think it will be a tight game for the first half at least and then the Tighahs overall ability and depth takes over. If we both play mistake free ball that is. If one team has several turnovers it could be an early blowout. Last season our backs had a rtendency to put the ball on the ground early in the season. You're QB has thrown a lot of picks. We'll see who has improved at that aspect of the game.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I thought Landry was the one making the calls. Is that Daniels job, now?

Sauer, one of the main reasons we are so confident is because we are returning 7 starters from the nations best defense last year. There are 2 on the Dline, 2 LBs, and 3 DBs, all of the new starters played a LOT last year. Some of them even split time with the starters. These guys arent green, in fact they are pretty experienced. Plus, the reason our defense was so good last year is because of our DBs, and more specifically our CBs. We have two of the best cover corners in the nation, which allows us to leave them in 1-on-1 coverage, freeing up extra pass rushers. We made the Heisman winner and at least one Heisman hopeful look dumbfounded last year, and all the reasons for that are back.

On offense, we wont be very flashy. We will just pound away behind our All-American Oline, and complete our high percentage passes to arguably the fastest receiving corps in the nation. We arent trying to look pretty. We are big, fast, strong, and smashmouth.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's