Football team continues practice (article)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Miles spoke about the QB situation, running backs, kicking and returning, and our slow :)cry: ) defense.

Rest of article here: http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/04/11/4259f97c96e6b

2. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I find it amusing how some people and the media whined and complained about Nick Saban keeping things in his program quiet. But it seems as though Les Miles has taken that a step farther. What I mean is, Saban at least let Michael Bonnette put out a release with some stats after scrimmages, but Miles gives nothing but "coach speak". I find it rather amusing.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

What are you talking about?

"Miles said the competition between sophomore quarterbacks JaMarcus Russell and Matt Flynn is close, but did not say who has the edge."

:hihi:

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I wonder if the QB position is really up for grabs or if he is just being politically correct. Historically, you can't read anything into the spring game. They will probably get equal time. Flynn is an awsome athlete, but JR has such a leg up on him with all of the playing time from last season. As long as we don't do the two QB thing again this year I'll be happy. With three of the best QB's in the country, someone has to step up and be the leader.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Do you find it amusing that he doesn't give out too much info or that the media and some fans griped about Saban and Miles is even worse.

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

You absolutely nailed it, dude. Great post. :thumb:

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Miles is VERY tight about practices... I was with a group of people Saturday and we had made arrangements to go into the stadium to work on the drum major box for Tiger Band.. Weeks ahead of time, mind you. We had everything set up, and we weren't let into the stadium... Now, can someone explain to me the danger in having 7 band members into the stadium while they are practicing? We were willing to leave any kind of camera or radio outside... What are we gonna do, take notes of plays and send them to other coaches? I thought this was ridiculous. We had set this day aside for almost a month because we had to do it then. (we got permission from the athletic dept, by the way.... maybe it was just a communication error, but still, it kind of got on my nerves because we were just trying to do some volunteer work for the band, and we were denied...)

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Berge --

The danger of band members being allowed into the stadiums is they might decide to play dress-up w/ the team's uniforms, like this kid did at Clemson! :rofl:

[​IMG]

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Was the srimmage inside the stadium? Maybe the athletic department didn't know it was going to be in there and didn't bother to check.

10. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

This is the worse apathy I have seen in the spring regarding this football team. Not even the sports talk hosts are talking about it town. You would figure with a new coach, there would be some excitement.