Football Trivia Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Aug 11, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

What former SEC quarterback went on to quarterback one of the worst teams in the NFL? Name the person, team , year and record. Winner gets an all expense paid trip to Venice (La.). Don't be too hard on this guy, we wouldn't want to hurt his feelings !

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

archie manning. whatever year that was.1967?

record ? not sure but heres a guess 10-2476

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is it Archie Manning in 1971? 1-13?

Does that trip to Venice include a fishing boat charter?

4. tirk

hell now i think about it wasnt the saints first year 1967 or 1968? BB u should know.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pretty sure it was 1971. 1970 was his senior year with :eek:lefire: when he had a broken arm in Tiger Stadium.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

No to Archie Manning. Yes to the charter, it includes a Zebco 303, two hooks and a can of Spam.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

With Spam as bait I just might catch a world record hardhead catfish.

8. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

My family had just moved here from Ky. I was 14 and this was my first college football game. I had never heard so much noise, and just assumed it must be the same everywhere, little did I know, we had moved to the best in the country.

Damn, that was back in the day when "GO To Hell Ole Miss" really meant something!!!!!!

9. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Don't know if it's been posted but how 'bout Steve Spurrier and the 76-77 Tampa Bay Bucs.

10. tirk

The New Orleans Saints are a National Football League team based in New Orleans, Louisiana.

First Season: 1967 as an NFL expansion team
    Home stadium: Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
    Uniform colors: Black, Old gold, and White
    Helmet design: Gold helmet with a black fleur-de-lis
    League championships won: none

New Orleans was granted an NFL franchise on 1 November, 1966. John W. Mecom, Jr. became the majority stockholder, and the team was named the Saints on 9 January 1967. Despite a 94 yard opening kickoff return for a touchdown by John Gilliam, the Saints lost their first game 27-13 to the Los Angeles Rams. Their first season record was 3-11.

In 1980, the Saints lost their first 14 games, prompting fans to design paper bags to wear over their heads to the team's home games; the bags rendered the club's name as the "'Aints" rather than the "Saints," and this practice then spread rapidly, first to fans of other poorly-performing teams within the NFL, and ultimately to those of other American team sports as well, and has become a firmly-established custom throughout the United States.

Current Saints owner Tom Benson acquired the franchise in 1985, and hired Jim Finks as general manager and Jim Mora as head coach. That combination provided the Saints with their first ever winning record, 12-3 in 1987.

Current coach Jim Haslett has held the post since 2000, in which year he took the team to the playoffs but lost to the Minnesota Vikings a week after besting the St. Louis Rams for the team's first ever playoff win. The Saints failed to make the playoffs in 2001 and 2002, although in the latter year they had the distinction of beating the eventual Super Bowl XXXVII winners Tampa Bay in both their regular season matches.

Players of note

Pro Football Hall of Famers:

* Jim Finks

Current stars:

* Aaron Brooks
    * Joe Horn
    * Deuce McAllister

Retired numbers:

* Jim Taylor 31
    * Doug Atkins 81

Not to be forgotten:

* Tom Dempsey