Footballcoachscoop: Miles to Cowboys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Dec 21, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

then he wouldn't have anyone to place the blame on when he fails.

2. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

I hope he does. I hate the Cowboys.:thumb:

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The problem with Jerry is that he wants the best coach but then doesn't want to give him control of the team. He did it twice, once with Jimmy Johnson and then again with Parcells. It turned into disasters both times as he ran both coaches off. The guys a lunatic. there's no telling what he'll do.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I have a freind who's uncle's cousin's sister in law knows someone in the realestate business and he said Saban is looking for a house in Dallas...

Jes' sayin..:rofl:

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know whats really crazy, he actually went on a Dallas radio show and told the guys interviewing him that no football decisions are made without his stamp of approval. Anytime Wade wants to bench someone, or start someone he has to get approval from Jerry. The only thing Wade has control over is defensive play calling. So basically Wade is a defensive coordinator who poses as a head coach, doesn't get credit when Dallas wins, but gets blamed when Dallas loses. That job has to suck.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

He's the reason Dallas will not be great again. There's no question. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he declared himself head coach for a season.

7. dudley

dudley oops!

Wonder if Nick Saban still has pro aspirations. Probably not! :lol:

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Geez, I don't want to defend Jerry but your statement is preposterous. Please analyze all the GM's for the last 20 years and see which ones have had more success than him. While I do not think Jerry will turn out to be the best, I would bet that he would be in the top 10.

Three things about Jerry:
    1. He made a buffoon out of himself with some of his comments 20 years ago. He will still do this occasionally. Count on it.

2. Most fans despise the fact that he is the GM and the owner because the media tells them to. The GM is supposed to be involved with football decisions. Sure, some coaches don't like it but it has worked a lot of times. How many coaches really have total authority in the NFL?

3. He wants to win very badly. As a fan of the Cowboys, I always know Jerry doesn't care about the money. He just wants to win.

Jerry is far from perfect. And he is far from the worst.

But no way he hires Miles even if Miles wanted to come here.

9. MOE1967

MOE1967 Founding Member

Very true. However, JJ takes his authority to the next level. It suppose to be a collective agreement between coach and GM on team decisions. He as "the buck stops with me" approach. As if his HC's opinion does not matter. The tenure of a Dallas HC over the last decade or more is no more than about 4 yrs, even when teams have had decent seasons. Makes you wonder why.
    A revolving door of HC's is not very productive.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Why would any NFL team be interested in a college coach?