Footballcoachscoop: Miles to Cowboys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Do you realize that nearly every NFL coach was a college coach at some point?

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I beg to differ on his issue with money. He just increased his personal wealth 400 mil in one year on the backs of his fans that bought PSL for that stadium. JJ is all about money and ego, always has been and always will be IMO. I also have been a Cowboy fan all my life but IMO when Jones
    bought that team the Cowboy legend died in place. The Cowboys NOW remind me of all the years the Saints had such horrible management and it was reflected in their play for years.:geaux:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man i couldn't agree with you more. He got lucky with Herschel Walker which got him all those draft picks in the 90's which lead to the championships, and has been on the decline since.

Jerry thinks he knows football, he thinks he is qualified to be a General Manager, and no one would ever hire him as a GM, so he makes himself GM. He has sucked the life out of the tradition that is the Dallas Cowboys. He is a good owner, and will shell out the dough, but is the worst GM in the NFL. This last draft he drafted all back ups and special teams players who will never play on offense or defense. He will buy Terrell Owens, and Pac Man Jones. He has hired almost every assistant coach he has as a head coach and calls the shots when it comes to player personnel. Then he puts the blame on his coaches for doing what he says to do. This franchise will NEVER win another Super Bowl, unless there is a terrorist attack at the Pro Bowl. (because there is only 1 Cowboy there you see. :hihi:)

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

If that were true, I'd realize it. But it's not.

5. LSUTIgerSTL

LSUTIgerSTL Freshman

Jimmy Johnson....Barry Switzer........Super Bowls! College coaches.

6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Now lets do the list of the flops...................Weiss, next............

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Don't believe it. You would think Saban's and Spurrier's experiences would have told these college coaches something.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

He's done it at least twice before.

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Ok, you're quoting the Forbes estimates but let's assume they are correct. I have no issue with him making money. But don't forget about how he has paid down the stadium debt too. I want an owner that is financially smart and solid long term.

However, all this is off my point which was not about his personal wealth. He has always spent money right up to the salary cap. What more can you ask for from an owner?

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Come on LaSalle....

So all his success has been lucky or due to someone else.

And everything that has gone wrong with the Cowboys the last 20 years is his fault.

He's definitely not perfect. But find a GM that has won as many games and Super Bowls the last 20 years. Can you find 5?