FootballPerspective.com

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Aug 22, 2019.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That game should have been played in NOLA. We had a better record then Seattle, but because they won their division, with a losing record, if I recall, we had to travel. Didn't the rule change after that and now the team with the best record hosts?

Alot of teams have their best or strangest moments against us. Atl beat us on 2 Hail Marys both times we played them in one season in the late 70s. Jacksonville has the missed xpt after the Cal-Stanford type play, the Bears have Walter Payton breaking Jim Brown's rushing record. There was a game against the Rams in the Dome Patrol years where we sacked Jim Everett 6 times and just beat the hell out of him the whole game but somehow we forgot to guard Flipper Anderson and he racked up over 300 yards receiving and broke the single game record us. Oh and we lost the game too.

I could go on and on. It just comes with the territory of being a Saints fan.

2. didit

didit Veteran Member

Division winner gets the higher seed over a wildcard team...
    As far as bad shit, I also remember toi (toast) cook chasing rice into the endzone seemingly every time we played them...

3. fanatic

I know, but I think it's a dumb rule. They were 7-9 division winner. We were 11-5 wild card team. Game should have been played in NOLA. If it is, I think we win. (Shudda/Cudda/Wudda won even in Seattle)

Bengal B likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

There was a game in the Mora vs Walsh era, in the dome of course, where Rice was granted a TD even after he clearly lost control of the ball on the 1-yard line and it went out of the end zone. And I believe in the same game, John Taylor made a leaping catch in the end zone. He had the ball in both hands and under control, but it was knocked out of his hands before he landed. They counted the TD anyway. We got no breaks at all when Walsh had the 9ers.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I remember the one where Rice spiked the ball on the 2 yard line before he got in the end zone. Replay confirmed it but zebras didn't overturn the call on the field.

6. didit

didit Veteran Member

This is just like the current zebras... Fuck Roger

7. fanatic

Remember it vividly. One of the reasons I can't stand the 49ers and I revel in their descent from the NFL throne. The only team I hate more is Atl. Carolina is right there, but we don't have the history with them as we do with the other 2 in the old NFC West days. And my hate for CAR is more about their QB then their team, plus they're a division rival.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

ah, good times

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For that remark I place a curse on you to spend eternity as a Saints fan in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The end of the 2017 and 2018 seasons were devilishly tormenting too.

GiantDuckFan likes this.