for all you rabid big 12 baseball fans...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by w.j. sidis, Mar 28, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

disagree on dotel. actually he's worked on a new release point which of course he's already nasty but this helps him mentally.

he is unhittable as a setup guy yet struggles at times closing. i think he may be fixed mentally and good to go but then again, Rick Ankiel is in left field. lol In other words no one knows. yes, I agree about street. he has the makeup to be a great closer and the mental toughness dotel doesnt have.

still much different trying to get big leaguers out over minor league scrubs and Dotel has already proven he can with ease at times. then the meltdowns.

2. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Thanks tirk...I totally agree that Hollander has star written all over him. As big a bright spot Hollander has been I think B. Harris has been just as a big a disappointment. I personally have never been a big fan of Brady Weiderhold either. I don't know how much freedom or lack thereof he has with the staff, but I've never cared for the way pitchers have been used over the last couple of years. I've also been waiting for the weather to really warm up because LSU's bats usually warm up. Other than Patterson and Clay Harris it just seems the rest of the squad is in a funk at the plate, very inconsistent.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Hoolander has been very good in the field and his bat will come around and be more consistent I think. It surprises me that he played second base at Jesuit. Their SS must have been very, very good. I wonder if he graduated yet?

4. tirk

i think he pitched as well. he will be stereotyped by the majors as all 5'8 160 lb non latino middle infielders are and have a hard time making it unless he mashes like no other. lots of bias against poor whitey in baseball. well small whitey.

5. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I appreciated the update.

My Sooners did win 2/3 against the Aggies.

I know we play Texas in Austin sometime soon.

6. tirk

LSU plays UNO tonight but I'm refusing to update my sig.

7. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Why?

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Why? (And am I gonna regret asking?:grin: )

9. tirk

because i had yet to do it and some AllBarn fool thought it was because I didnt want to recognize their series win so I figured he doesnt deserve it. Plus, i wanted to see if they would make rings in celebration.

lol

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's part of what Marcus Giles of the Atlanta Braves had to fight the entire time he was in the minors. Thank God Glen Hubbard loved him or the Braves would have released him a few times.