For once, Dildeaux makes a little sense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 20, 2010.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

:lsup: has enough talent to win 9 games with ME at QB. That's not why they play, not why Les says they play. Les says they play to win championships. To win the west, ya gotta beat Bama. Without a passing attack, you won't beat Bama, Saban will stop the run, then you'll be dead because you haven't practiced the passing game adequately, with JJ or JL.

It does not appear to me that Les is doing what is necessary to win the West. In this day and age, you have to be more aggressive and mutil-dimensional, or the other good teams will stop you. It'll be a rerun of last season.

What I have seen of JL in the spring game, and briefly this season, he looked like a better passer than JJ. I think that is what it will take to beat Bama and Fla. I think you need to hone that type offense all season, you can't just go out and turn it on one week when you are 14 down to Bama.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow later, GLADLY. :geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

You could be right. I believe if Mile thought the same way he would be playing JL. I defer to Miles, he believes, at this time that JJ's the man that gives us the best chance to win.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Y'ar whut y'ar.

LSU is the Louisiana State University.

ULL is the University of Lafayette Louisiana.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

:miles: can't give u the rep so:miles: So I will give u a couple of -miles.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Screw Dildeaux. He is a whore that sells himself out for money. That guy is well-known for stirring up the "negatiger" crowd into a hatefest toward LSU football, and now he comes out with this article rebuking "everyone [who] whines and complains" about LSU football? Can you say H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e?
    (Pro-tip: Jesus is not cool with hypocrites.)

However, that was a really good article, I wish I could write something that good. But I don't agree with all of it. To explain:

"LSU football is supposed to be enjoyed the way Saints football is being enjoyed this season...
    [what? A lot of the country is laughing at how the Saints almost choked to the 49ers on Monday Night Football...the same 49ers who had just been STOMPED INTO THE GROUND by Pete Carroll's brand-new team. But not for all the turnovers by the 49ers, the Saints would have easily lost the game].
    ...the Saints are much better [than LSU] with a better head coach who calls the plays, a better quarterback, a better backup quarterback, and it doesn't matter who's at running back because the offensive line is so good."

Personally, I'm not sold on Miles being better than Sean Payton or vice versa. I read and post on the Saints forums almost as much as I read and post on the LSU forums, and Payton got all kind of "f-ing sucks" hate directed at him during the Saint's "crappy" season the year before last regarding every possible issue besides Drew Brees, and we couldn't even get people to even see that Drew Brees was a legit HOF candidate at the time (all of that made me furious, btw). Also the Superdome home crowd rained down "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS" on Payton's team the year before last (made me furious as well.. and it even made Drew Brees go on public record and tell Saints fans to shut the F up with the booing of the team).

Sure... now we can say that both Peyton and Les have led their teams to the highest honor a football program can achieve, and both have had seasons that were "down" seasons. But I do agree that it is pretty easy to assume that Payton has a greater offensive mind than Les does, but Les has never had a Drew Brees, and Les has never had a multiple-Pro Bowler offensive line as talented as the one the Saints have.

"What LSU fans need to do is forget about this offense"

No, this is dumb. Our offense is fragile, don't forget that when getting insane expectations of DOMINANCE. You aren't going to "dominate" (a word Dildeaux keep using), if your offense isn't doing well. And no, we didn't "dominate" MSU as Dildeaux says we did over and over and over. Remember how you felt in the 2nd half when MSU's 2nd string QB went straight down the field on us and got that TD, the first TD of the ball game?

[/U] [Dildeaux pointed out, politely, how our offense is not doing well, and then only blamed it on] "because there is not a good quarterback on campus."

That was interesting, because I figured he'd be blaming it on Crowton and/or Les like he always does. But he doesn't. Interesting.

"If you don't like old school, running football, then you are never going to be happy with the Tigers this season because that's what they will do all season. They may even run to set up the run."

This would have made me LOL if Dildeaux wasn't such a low-life. Still, it might be the wittiest comment I have ever read by a Louisiana news-writer. Regardless, I don't agree with him. I looked up stats the other day (which I posted here) that surprised me at how all five years of Mile's LSU teams were extremely (almost excessively) balanced between the run and the pass, while Saban was very heavy on the run at the same time (while coaching for LSU and then Bama).

"The Tigers intercepted five passes Saturday and returned them for 106 yards, which was nine yards more than Jefferson's passing yards"

I never thought of looking this stat up, and that's a pretty impressive that Dildeaux found out about this or came up with it on his own.

"Peterson, the greatest pure football player at LSU since Tommy Casanova
    "

I don't know about this, LSU has a rich history of some of the greatest players to play the game, and Peterson is up there... but Tommy Casanova level? I don't know about that.

"LSU also has its best kicker in history."

I don't know about this either. LSU has had some great kickers, and Jasper is really good, but he didn't even make preseason All-SEC, and nobody is talking about him being in the NCAA Kicker-of-the-year race. But yes, his performance against MSU was one of the best games in LSU history for an LSU kicker.

"LSU has what looks like a great defense....this LSU team looks remarkably like Alabama's 1992 team...LSU's defense is not as good as that Bama defense"

What the hell? Dyslexia?

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Guilbeau wins again. There's no analysis here, just throwing stats around in an order that fits his standard narrative. 3 pages of discussion on the same Guilbeau message, repackaged for the 1000th time - LSU is overrated, Miles isn't a great coach, and LSU fans are babies.

Thanks, dude. Why don't you compare LSU's defense to WVU's offense? That actually might be worth reading...

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

All praise the mighty Saban. We have no chance. Saban will smite the arrogant Tigers.

Unzip Oh mighty Saban and let us share your glory. :dis:

8. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I wonder if he resembles Peter North in other ways... :eek:

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Pretty good analysis, John. But he may be right about Jasper being the best kicker. Nobody is close to him in career field goal percentage. And he can kickoff into the endzone, even after they moved the tee back. And he pooch punts inside the 5.