For or Against the Dale Brown Tribute......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guzzlingil, Feb 27, 2004.

1. tigers

tigers Founding Member

I'm for it. LSU bball was rockin when Dale was here. Games at the Pmac were a blast back in the day. I say give the man his due.

Tigers #1

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I'm all for Dale having his day. I think they could have chosen a better game to do it.
    If this was a DB team with UK coming to town Sunday, I would be a little more jacked up, cause Dale could pull the upset or at least he would have the team thinking they could.
    I'm not at all a Brady basher and think he should be given a little more time, but I think this team is ready to cash it in and call it a season.

3. I'm for honoring him at the half for one game but Timmy B was getting a little carried away saying that they should name the court after him. That should never happen after getting us on probation.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

How long did Kenneth Lay give to Enron?

How long did Dave Bliss give to Baylor?

How long did Barry Switzer give to Oklahoma?

How long did Stalin give to Russia?

To say that someone gave their life to LSU over 25 years is just like saying that a crappy state employee gave 25 years of his life to Louisiana...

My mom worked with a guy at DOTD that like 18 months left before retirement...They-literally, and to his face-called him the hall monitor, because he did absolutely jack squat his last 18 months...

But, everyone whines about him now that he's gone, and talks about what a "dedicated" worker he was because he was there for umpteen years or so...

LOL

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Don't listen to Gil, he is drunk. I know this because Gil, TE and myself were at the Caterie earlier.

6. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

I'm appreciate your post very much; therefore, I post. Coach D. Brown is a legend at LSU. He was the light in the darkness when Charlie Mac career was about to be over and LSU's baseball was-non existence.

I quoted "Brown coached at LSU for 25 years, went to two final 4s and 2 elite 8s". By the way, no one gives coach Brady a chance but I think he does a very good job considering the circumstance.

I read a lot of BS posts about why the best coach in the country can out fox coach Brady. Do they willing to come to LSU with his salary and try to re-build LSU basketball program?

Oh my.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Hence, the name, Guzzling Gil.

or as my wife says "guggle guggle guggle"

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

The FREAK D, Baby!!!!!!!!!!
    It's as if Huey P. coached for 25 years. He was fun, you have to give him that. Great motivater and recruiter. I went to his basketball camps for 4 years. Gotta Love to hate him.

Must give him the honor!!!!

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Yeah, naming anything after him is going a little to far, not to mention alot of people would be pissed. We should honor him though.
    I was 9 yrs old and in Philly with my dad and brothers watching the Tigers playing Isiah Thomas & Bob Knight and I can remember it like yesterday. Their was plenty of exciting years all through the 80's.

Hey guys, if the first players you remember were Chris Jackson & Shaq and around that time, no need for you to respond to this thread. The only opinion you have to offer is the last few years of the mans career. You were in diapers and dont know how good LSU basketball was.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Thanks for deciding which threads we should and should not participate in...