For or Against the Dale Brown Tribute......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guzzlingil, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

It is hard to tell if he was a great recuiter or if LSU just had the money.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

You can probably say that about most major college athletic programs to one degree or another...

...as DB once said himself "Have you ever masturbated?" in response to a reporter who accused DB of cheating.

Goodlife, not everything in life is pure.

In fact, most folks probably wouldn't eat very many processed foods if they knew the allowable amount of "impurities" that are allowed LEGALLY into their foods.

I realize that you're trying to make a point but I think in doing so that you come off as being an obnoxious idealist.

Dale had his faults, yes, but FOR THE MOST PART he was good for LSU basketball.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

No ones perfect, not me and I bet Goodlifetiger isn't perfect either.:lsug:

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I hate that it ended like it did, for LSU, and for DB. Regardless of what else DaddyDale did, he mad it interesting. I think lots of folks commenting on this, pro and con, who weren't around from beginning to end, maybe don't get the whole picture. Regardless, will probably never be a more entertaining weekly coaches show on the radio. They'd ask Dale a ? and the next thing you know he's talking about geese flying in formation or Tibetan monks or climbing Mt. Everest. Like him or don't, he was never boring.

5. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Goodlife, get a life. I guess you have achieved much in your life & been subject to public scrutiny & never did anything wrong. You never took a chance, etc, or are you just frustrated & have no place to vent or no one to share your thoughts with except here at tigerforums. My OPINION is that you are a single issue extremist, & you don't know much about coaching or recruiting. Granted it's pure speculation on my part. All I know is that Dale Brown's tenure was the highlight (until Nick Saban arrived) of my time as a fan. May be I'm being a little rough on you, but I believe you are too harsh with Dale.