$$$ for Seimone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dupzales, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

If I remember correctly the complete Salary Cap for a team is less than the average NBA player's salary

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I wish that SA were going to be with the NY Liberty, that way, I could see her play at Madison Squ Garden.

SA has something that money can't buy: the Eternal, Undying Love of the Entire LSU Tiger Nation.

Thanks for the memories, SA. We'll love you forever.

PS If anybody tries to make a crack about this post, I'll punch you in the nose.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Why would they? It was agood post. I feel the same! :thumb:

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Thanks, man.

We are really going to miss her. She's got to be Baton Rouge's Favorite Daughter . . . maybe even the whole state's Favorite Daughter.

She is so down-to-earth, unassuming, modest and humble . . . she is just one sweet girl, and one of the greatest student-athletes ever to grace the LSU campus.

5. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Sounds like someone has a CRUSH on SA. :hihi:

LSU will miss her and I also wish her the best of luck in the WNBA.:tigerhead :geauxtige LSU!

BTW SA is too good to be with the Liberty and too nice to be in NYC.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

How grotesquely mistaken you are. Yes, it is definitely a business, one that has become increasingly plagued by greed over the years. But people who try to do it just for the money never make it to that level. Period. To be that successful at something takes an intense love and devotion to the game that you and I will never comprehend...not just a lust to make a quick buck.

7. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

What a wonderful dream world you live in. I bet life is really peachy keen there. If you don't think alot of the really great players are looking to the NBA from their jr/sr year of HS or freshman yr of college you are dreaming. It's not their fault, it's the NBA for allowing the young guys to come out so early. Yes the love of the game is the reason early on in their basketball careers as kids and thru jr high and part of HS but times have changed. Nowadasy it's all about getting into the nab if you have that potential of greatness. You can argue all you like but the numbers back me up, just look at the number of HS kids that come out early every year. If that's for the love of the game then I am Ben Voogd. Yes when they started with abll is was for the love of the game but it evolves in the love of $$$.
    Whether these guys turn into NBA superstarts is another thing but that has nothing to do with the love of the game.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't know any NBA players, but I knew Merton Hanks, who was a Pro Bowl DB for the 49ers back in the 90's. He didn't mind telling his friends (he was a boyhood-high school friend of my husband's) that he didn't love playing football, but it was an awfully good living. In fact, he still works for the NFL in NYC.

Jerry Rice, on the other hand, was very open about loving the game, as was Steve Young. But Merton liked the money, which of course, was more than substantial.

9. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

did that guy ever get neck reduction surgery?

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Thanks for the funny comment about Merton. He does have one of the longest necks known to mankind--and when he'd do that chicken dance after intercepting a ball, it made it ten times more pronounced.

He actually has the shortest neck in his family. He's married to a woman who's 6'5", and his middle school aged daughters are already close to six feet. They all have long necks.