$$$ for Seimone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dupzales, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Maybe you should try reading/comprehending the substance of someone's post before trying to dismantle it with such faulty logic...namely, the part about pro sports as being 'plagued with greed.' Your platitudes are hardly anything new to myself or anyone else that follows sports.
    You are a fool if you believe that players can compete at the highest level possible when motivated solely by money.
    Oh, so you don't actually think that these guys want to succeed and do well out of their inherent drive for success? Have you ever known a collegiate or professional athlete? Those people are insanely competitive. Why do you think they play the game? In the words of Herm Edwards, 'Hello?! You play to win the game!' Why do you think they all have such a tremendous thirst for championships?

2. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

It appears you have a reading comprehension issue of your own. I never made the statement about players, in this case nba players doing anything SOLELY for the $$$$. Sure players CAN do it for the love of the game but most don't when they get to a certain level. When millions are being thrown around like it's monopoly money it's not hard to see how the love of the game can be overtaken by the love of the almighty green. If you can't grasp or accept the fact that a large percentage of their motivation is $$$ then you are far worse off than you seem to be.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Dude, maybe try reading a little more slowly. Or even just looking up the definition of the word 'if' may remedy your existing shortcomings at this point. In any case, I'm making an argument against the idea that pro sports is not all about the money. Perhaps your memory doesn't span all the way back to the post I quoted by brokerookie, but that was the premise I argued in the first place. Therefore, when you counter such an argument, it's pretty difficult for you to make it seem like you're not supporting what I am refuting. This is a pretty simple concept really.
    This is just where you are dead wrong. As I've stated before, with the level of competition where it is in pro sports today, it is inconcievable that a person could be successful, or even remain competitive, without an unbelievable drive to simply outdo their opponent. That's the way that they were when they first took up whatever sport they're in, and that's the way they are once they've entered the league. As I've acknowledged entirely too many times for me to still have to be reiterating, greed has absolutely caused more than its fair share of problems in professional sports. Everyone on the planet is well aware of that. I don't need some half-wit pointing it out to me. You know, pro athletes weren't always the ridiculously overpaid prima donnas that they are now. How do you cover the guys that played in such an era?
    Dude, it's their freaking JOB, of COURSE money is involved. I know that reading isn't your strong point, but you should be capable of understanding that I've not once contended that it wasn't. Either way, I don't value the perception of a jackass too much. But thanks anyway!:thumb:

4. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Thats your opinion and/or perception. Since you are not a pro superstar and don't know any on a close baisis you can only merely speculate.

That era is completely different thatn today. A higher percentage played for the love, I would say nearly 100% back when the pay was minimal compared to todays millions.
    I understand that having an open mind that allows you to understand that there are different opinions other than yours isn't your strong point but it is a fact of life nonetheless. In the end it's all opinion since no one here has the ability to interview a major cross section of nba'ers, future nba'ers, college players and hs adn oterh up and comers. So you think that the vast majority play for the sole love of the game. Thats your opinion no matter how flawed or wishful thinking it is. Esp. when we speak of basketball players. It is clear you only value things that are short sighted and wishful in nature as opposed to those that focus on the real world of 2006 that we are currently living in. Congrats on the lobotomy, it seems to really be working for you. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE ABOUT THIS ISSUE IN ANY THREAD WITH SEIMONE'S NAME IN THE TITLE !!

It's not a good reflection on her, now that she is in the Pantheon of LSU Sports Heroes.

6. Broke

Broke Founding Member

Your right. I now replace "solely" with mostly!!