For What it's Worth - It is What it is

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good Win over a bad team.
    Another QB better than ours.
    Meaningless game but was enjoyable to watch.
    Some new wrinkles that we will never see again.
    Harris needs Cam on the sideline to hold his hand. I think a coordinator is more effective in the booth where he has a better view of the action but Harris seems to lack the capacity to know what to do without someone there to constantly tell him.

Leonard Fournette is still a beast. But we all knew that. It's almost pathetic that when he breaks a great run against a bad to so so defense it only encourages Les to think the same thing will work against Alabama.

The jury is still out on Steele but last night the D was outstanding minus a few plays. As the ESPN guys said, Mahomes looks like a bigger, taller Johnny 8ball. Our 6 sacks would have been 10 against a less elusive QB.

Next year looks like another 8-5 to 10-3 season with another loss to the Gumps. Will that be enough for Miles to keep his job?

HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I'll let you know in the 3rd quarter of the last game.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

If we had an interim coach on the sidelines or maybe if Tuberville was still on the other side it may have had a certain allure to it. But as it was, we won the toilet bowl.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Did we recruit that guy? Or even know he was on the planet?

5. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Mahomes was only recruited by T Tech. Surprising.

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I think that is an unfair criticism. Whether an OC sits or stands is a matter of preference, each with pros and cons. I prefer both coordinators on the field. I don't think it's indicative of some deficiency in Harris, though I do think it helped him last night so that's a good thing. Tom Brady's OC is on the sideline.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Last night they said he was a 3 star with only 3 offers. Definitely a diamond in the rough. Some coaches make their living with QBs like that.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't know I got a chuckle out of that and I think it was a sad chuckle because I feel it's true.

9. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I look at it like this- Harris definitely needs some coaching and I like that his coach is there with him. CC was on the sidelines with the Ravens, Kiffin is on the field.... I'm just saying it's not a bad thing and doesn't mean the QB is a thumb-sucker. Drew Brees' OC is on the field too. Same for Aaron Rodgers if I'm not mistaken.

tzanghi, ParadiseiNC and mctiger like this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Rivals had him rated the 12th best duel threat QB in the country in '14, with offers from Houston and Rice. We were on Harris (ranked 5th) and Rettig, but LSU was on his list, according to Rivals.