For You Anti House Guys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Last year when house had a lil bit better talent to work with Tiger D was damn good in those 6 SEC wins.

State - held the pirate to 3 2nd half points
    aub - last TD was at the 14:00 minute of 2nd quarter. Shutout 2nd half
    gators - shutout from 8:00 minute of 2nd quarter through the 3rd quarter
    ole miss - Last TD came at 6:00 mark of 1st quarter. Shutout 2nd half
    arky - kept out the endzone till 4th quarter
    bama - kept out the endzone till 4th quarter.

GiantDuckFan and tigermark like this.
  2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Point taken! And because of last years defensive performance, I am sitting on the fence. But if Aranda was available after the season would that be a difference maker for you?

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My stance on House is this. I really think BK is a great HC. He hired House so if he has faith in him I have to go with that. I also can't ignore what he did last year with 39 scholarship players and some portal guys. We have only had 1 full year and a half to judge him and thats not long enough at all. If BK replaces him I am good with that. I would also be happy with Aranda but if there is a can't miss DC available out there great.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Our D was ranked 41st in the country last year and 109 this year.

Neither of these are acceptable.

Also, they are wasting one of the most elite players in the SEC on Defense.

If Kelly sticks with this guy all he is doing is reaching his exit at LSU quicker rather than later.

What, you want us to give him 4 full years of recruiting so you can stop blaming lack of players in a premier recruiting school such as LSU?

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

When you bring back an 82 year old, off his couch to help the defense out, that is telling.

GiantDuckFan and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It’s good and bad. We are an elite program, many benefits. The downside is coaches are expected to perform quick, but that is why they make the big bucks.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

As I remember our D Line coach was not on staff because of a medical condition. Why is that telling?

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well BK hired him so he's at fault. In your way of thinking BK should be on the chopping block. Is that your view? You either trust your HC or you don't. This to me sounds like the Ensminger insanity that went on here but now it's House.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I like Kelley as our HC and as stated aboveI am sitting on the fence concerning House. But BK made a major mistake when he elevated an analyst (John Jancek) to replace DL coach Jimmy Lindsey during his leave of absence. If you read Jancek’s bio., DL did not seem to be a speciality for him. What was supposed to be a strength for our defense has become a liability. What was telling for me was that when Pete Jenkins came back the 1st thing he commented on was that our players were lining too far off the line if scrimmage. That alone seems to hint that Jancek was unqualified.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

And you were wrong about Ensminger. He couldn’t survive Brady leaving. He wasn’t the guy.
    LSU should be able to play better defense.