For You Stat Freaks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Asked you a question first you go then I will go. Once again E's offense scored 72 why couldn't A hold A&M to 71?

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

No you are wrong I am right

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Where am I wrong?

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

mostly everywhere

LSU_4_LIFE and LSUTiga like this.
  5. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Because seven overtimes skew things to an insane level. Aranda has a lot to answer to for that game, but his whole season tells me that LSU's defense is pretty elite. Ensminger can take some credit for scoring in that particular game, and UGA, but his overall season performance tells me is not good at running an offense in 2018.

Now tell me, shouldn't we want both units to be elite? If Oklahoma is winning like crazy, but their defense was lousy, weren't they justfied in terminating the DC? Why should LSU tolerate such poor performing offenses? This offense gains 50 YPG less than last year, and O fired that guy.

What in Steve E's past resume and 2018 performance leads you to believe he's anywhere close to the best man for the job?

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Can you be more vague?

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

When he has elite players I will judge him fairly we don't have that yet. I believe next year if we hold on to the recruits we have will be a year I can fairly judge E and I will.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That line doesn’t work against Arkansas. That line doesn’t work for zero points EVER against Bama. That line doesn’t work when you’re calling plays that take longer to develop than your line can protect.

When your offense is skewed up on the power of 7 OTs and you’re still only in the 70s (Aranda skewed down to the 20s, fyi), that’s on the playcaller.

If you need a stable of five stars to run your offense, that’s not a sign of superior scheme.

When no one would have hired you and no one will hire you, it might be a sign that Eaux fucked up.

I was willing to give E the benefit of doubt until he went limp versus arkie. Hell, I’ll probably “wait and see” if O doesn’t make a move. But the odds are in the 90th percentile that we could do much better.

9. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Not making excuses for E but it is pretty hard to do much of anything when you dont have great oline protection. I believe that that (oline ) is on the up swing for sure. We do need to keep some players and grow others.

I am not firmly in the coach E camp but I thing there is promise, more so then we saw with canada and cameron. Next year will be put up or shut up for sure.

Additionally I think we need a freaking sports psychologist to come in and get the gumps out of our collective players/coaches heads. Fact is we played horrible against a team that was taken to the wire by a team we kicked around (Georgia). I am not saying we would have won but there is no reason why that game was not much more close than it was.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Would be much easier to show you where you're right- if you ever were.