Ford gets raves as he battles for LSU's TB spot

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Aug 11, 2010.

1. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I just hope they use him like Ole Miss used McCluster late in the season, as opposed to early in the season.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Shhhhh don't even go there.:lol:

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Pass protection is going to be a huge issue this year, and Murphy is a senior. He's great catching passes too.

I think that Ford will get plenty of carries, but Murphy's experience and value in the passing game will keep him in the lineup a lot.

And Ridley played really well at the end of last year, so it'll be hard to keep him off the field also.

Great problem to have with these three. What could've been a question mark is now seeming like it could be a strength, if Murphy's and Ridley's surgically repaired knees hold up and Ford is as good as advertised, which seems to be the case.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Fix Or Repair Daily? :lol::lol:

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

You guys need to quit that before you bring bad mojo on our boy and we end up with another RB who needs knee surgery.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I hope you are right and he certainly gets most of the hype. At WR, he won't have as many opportunities as MF, but, of course, he will get some touches on end-arounds and possibly in the backfield, too. Personally, my money is on MF being our best offensive option as the season progresses. He looks like a kid who can carry the offense on his shoulders, as opposed to Shep, who looks like he could make a bunch of highlights, but not necessarily carry you.

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Him being at WR does limit his touches, which concerns me. Michael Ford is more suited to carry the load than Shep, but that doesn't mean he can't get a descent chunk. He got 45 carries last year in 10 games. That would equate to 58 in 13 games, which I don't think is unreasonable. My feeling is that Ridley will carry the load with Murphy and Ford getting the next share of the carries.

8. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Reuban Randle is going to be the best offensive weapon. He is silky smooth, fast, great hands and big. He is much more of a Percy Harvin-type than is Shepard. LSU has lots of options. We have 4-5 players on the offensive side of the ball that played QB in High School and were good at it. Shepard and Randle are just two of those.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

:nope:

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah...he [Rueben Randle] may very well be the best offensive weapon we have, but he is the total opposite of Percy Harvin...and Russell Shepard.