Ford gets raves as he battles for LSU's TB spot

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Aug 11, 2010.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I'm really starting to believe that if Crowton doesn't succeed, he's gotta go this year. Shepard, Tolliver, Randle, Ford, Murphy, if he can't figure out some way to use all of these guys successfully, then he's got a lack of creativity. I get the fact that he's had an inexperienced QB so far, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but there are a lot of things you can do to alleviate that. If Mark Sanchez can lead an NFL team to the AFC championship as a rookie, I think Crowton can work with Jefferson. That being said, I would love to see Shep getting 15-20 touches a game, somewhat like Harvin did when he was at Florida. Too many good things can happen when he has the ball for us not to get it to him. I can't wait to see him catch his first bubble screen.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We'll have to wait to see that actually happen. Hasn't been the case since 2004.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Stevan Ridley is a very good RB, as he showed when Scott and Williams got hurt. Murphy? We'll see - he had one good Spring game a couple years ago. Since then, his game touches have largely been few and unimpressive.

Ford has tons of potential, and shined in the Spring game this year, but so did Ridley.

After Saturday's scrimmage, the running game sounds very good (160 yards on 35 carries) assuming the defense is up to snuff without Baker.

Ford had 3ypc in the Saturday scrimmage. Ridley 8ypc, Murphy 7ypc, Ware 3ypc and Blue 3ypc (I rounded). It's just one scrimmage. But Miles has been saying all along this fall - let's see how the backs do in full contact. I don't think he's been saying that randomly - I think he has an idea of where the younger guys need to improve.

I hope Ford explodes. Unlike others, I think Miles will play him A LOT if he does.

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I think his point was that 2004 was the last time a freshman/sophomore got the majority of the carries early on. Yes, Addai averaged 6.7 ypc with 3 TDs while Broussard's avg. was 6.1 with 10 TDs. What an idiot that Saban guy was, huh?

And Broussard had a terrible knee injury (and weight gain) he never totally recovered from. He would have been a top pick had he stayed healthy.

And what does Russell have to do with anything? Man, some of you guys get so butt hurt, it's ridiculous.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Awesome, we are back to this again. If I want them to fail, then why would I be disappointed when Shepard doesn't get carries. That would be my dream scenario, right?

I thought the Miles bashers were the ones obsessed with Saban.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Getting old.....

<talking about posts like the above>

8. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I would say the entire board is. Depressing.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Gosh I hope so! ...I remember saying the same thing about Keiland Williams :cool:

...not that KW didn't show flashes of great things...he just wasn't the complete RB I thought he'd be.

10. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I was a big fan of Keiland Williams, but I think Ford looks better at this point running between the tackles. I know he hasn't played in a real game yet, but that's what I took from the spring game and his high school footage.