Forde Yard Dash... Les featured. Funny stuff.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 5, 2010.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

The way our defense plays I don't care how fast they score. I just want them to score. Especially with the way our coaches manage close game in the final minutes.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

But it's deceiving what happened on that last drive. We were actually in too much of a hurry up, especially when we got just past midfield. So in essence, we didn't really game manage it down to the 30 seconds we had left at the one yard line. Our inept offense is what got it to that point (see the 17 play drive to only go 68 yards). Trust me, we didn't intend on averaging a paltry 4 yard average all the way down the field. At least I hope not.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yep. This is fundamental football knowledge.

Well said.

We're almost in the mode of a college basketball team that used to have the ability to play 4 corners with the ball when there was no shot clock rule. They would keep their superior opponent from blowing them out by keeping it to a 40-35 type game. We're getting to that point in our offense.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i see in the other thread people think we were milking the clock on the final drive so UT wouldnt have a chance to score.

thats golden.