Forecasting some jersey #s next year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by QBLuke, Feb 4, 2012.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Here is what is vacant among the "glamor" numbers: 2 (Randle), 3 (Gore), 12 (Lee), 13 (Brooks), 17 (Claiborne), 18 (Taylor), 19 (Peterson) 22 (Baker)

2 Avery Johnson wore #1 in HS, and his brother wore #7. Both are taken, unless Miles allows them to wear duplicates. Given that Mathieu plays so much on special teams, and freshman WRs do too, I don't think it's feasible for him to wear 7. 2 is one of only other single digits available.

3 Odell Beckham Jr. might request to switch to his HS number. If not, my guess is Jeremy Liggins, who wore 1 in HS. Another possibility for Liggins is for Miles to allow him to wear 1 in a duplicate situation with Eric Reid. Given that he'll likely redshirt anyway, it seems doable.

12 I think a freshman DB ends up wearing this. My guess is Corey Thompson

13 Freshman WR/DB ... Travin Dural maybe. unless Jeremy Liggins doesn't get 3 or 1, because this is one of the few QB eligible numbers left.

17 Kwon Alexander wore this in HS, so I'm going to give him first dibs.

18 Plenty of threads devoted to this topic already, so we all know the possible candidates. Gonna let the chips fall with this one, not going to attempt a guess.

19 No idea. Deion Jones?

22 Screams Jeremy Hill to me.

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I like 23 for Hill, unless someone else has dibs on it.

3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

So did I. But Kwon gave it more meaning than I ever could have. He'll do it proud!

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

23 is available; it was Francois last season. But I think Hilliard should switch to 22, freeing 27 for Hill (his number at Redemptorist). I watched Hilliard for 4 years at Patterson wearing the 4, and I can't get used to 27. Maybe he could switch to 34, which Micah Eugene wears on defense.

5. LSUALLDAY

LSUALLDAY Purp Guy

This is sweet i hope OBJ changes numbers. Love this thread

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Very good possibility. Hilliard wore #4 in HS, right? Wasn't sure if he was partial to 27 after wearing it for a year or wanted to 'upgrade', but 22/27 will likely be worn by Hilliard and Hill in some combo.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Corey Thompson will wear #23...

8. LSUALLDAY

LSUALLDAY Purp Guy

Any chance Shep gets #18 and Mett goes to 10? cause 10 is just an elite QB number.

9. msully

msully Founding Member

I am lost on this

What difference will it make ?? The # will never throw a pass, the young men wearing the # maybe good enough that you would like to retire the # , . I only want the team to kick butt , To me it wouild seem if you have a # as a freshman , you would want to keep that # , and if you are great then that # would be your # everytime we The LSU fans talk about a game , that you played in .

10. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Relax msully. It's the offseason and it's something to talk about. No bashing, no complaining, just harmless discussion about numbers...

1 person likes this.