Former President Ronald Reagan’s health has deteriorated

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

To me i think Ronald Reagan was the best President we have had in my lifetime. He made this country believe in itself again. I wish he had been President at a younger age. Bill Clinton takes credit for the economy that Ronal Reagan set up.

Ronald Reagan is someone i look up to and admire and it will be a sad day for America when he is gone.

God Bless him and his family.

Geaux Tigers

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

it looks like that day is today. a great man, i hope the current publicity about his life reminds today's politicians of how a country should be run.

4. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

RIP Gipper.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Reminds me of the old adage about how those we love are taken away from us all too soon, whereas the pains-in-the-ass (i.e., the Bill Clintons of the world) seem to stick around forever.

Farewell, Ronaldus Maximus...and God Bless You. :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Another great Reagan story hardly anyone knows about.

When Reagan was sworn into office, our hostages were still being held in Iran. The democratic administration under Carter were trying feverishly to try and get them out of there before Carter's term was officially ended.

Reagan's people was also part of the negotiations and were instructed to tell the Iran Government that if the hostages were still being held when he was sworn in as President, that America would take action.

The hostages were released less that an an hour of Reagan being sworn in as our 40th President.

In an act of utter respect for Jimmy Carter, Reagan asked that Jimmy Carter, not he, greet the hostages when they arrived home.

Truly a class act. A man without an ego. Someone you would want to be your President.

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

We will miss him. God Bless him and hopefully another Ronald Reagan will show up soon. Unfortunately, he was one of a kind I'm afraid. RIP Mr. President.