Found this post on VolNation..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dat-Tiger-Fan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We've played 4 and won 4. We've got one of the best defenses in the nation. Our average margin of victory is 15 points. We average nearly 30 points a game. Our offensive stats, though weak, are being compared to stats of teams that played 3 patsies in a row. Be positive.

2. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

We need to end our football program and play bowling on Saturday nights... We'll never be good enough winning all our games. :sob::insane::huh::rolleye33:

3. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I agree with a lot of your posts, but I'm struggling with the "hey, we're 4-0" part. I wish I could just look at the positives and be optimistic, but you have to look at the whole picture. There are enough bad things offensively to be a major concern in the coming weeks as the schedule gets tougher.

Those people who keep saying we're 4-0, are some of the same people who will discount Boise State because they play a weak schedule....the level of competition has to be a factor for LSU and we have performed sub par on offense against some fairly weak competition.

Our win vs WVU had everything to do with field position and turnovers. Except for the two TD's, the average starting position for WVU was their own 19 yard line.

I will be patient though and hope for the best.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think it's important to recognize though, and I think SF will agree with me here, that WVU didn't average starting on their own 19 yard line because of dumb luck. It was our superb defense and special teams that kept them in such a hole. While yes, the competition we will soon be facing will be stiffer, outstanding defense and ST will always keep us in striking distance. Like pitching neutralizes hitting in baseball, defense neutralizes offense in football. We may not win 'em all, and in any games we may lose, we might be able to point to offense as the reason. Still, we will have a chance to win every game we play.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You don't "play" bowling...course, you prolly didn't play anything.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure . . . concerns are fine. But 4-0 is still the best record we could have. We're not losing. Some people around here are acting like were 0-4.

I'm just fine with 4-0.

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

4-0 is 4-0. They all count regardless if they're pretty or ugly. If anything, the fact that we've been able to win mainly on the strength of our D and ST should only build more confidence in those units.

:geauxtige

8. lsxtigers

lsxtigers Founding Member

Yes they are 4-0 but I believe what me and most of the fans want to see is a couple of solid drives down the field for a td.

1 person likes this.
  9. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

+1

10. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I think that's just over-simplifying the situation. Of course we are glad that LSU is 4-0, that wasn't the point. I been around football long enough to know that if things don't improve on offense, a 4 or 5 loss season is a strong possibility.

Believe me, all the positiveness has rubbed off a little and I still have hope that things can turn around....