Found this post on VolNation..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dat-Tiger-Fan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

I'm incredibly thankful and glad to be 4-0. Want to give all credit where credit is due.
    But what breaks my heart is we seem have all the tools to be a BCS contender again this year.... with the glaring exception of our QB. Defense, special teams, running backs, receivers, truly some of the best talent in the country. If we just had a balanced offensive attack, we'd have a legitimate shot at a National Title. But you got to have a passing game.

So not putting down the 4-0. Very proud of it. But the QB situation is a festering boil on what would otherwise be a thing of true beauty. And I don't think acknowledging the fact makes someone a naysayer and a bad fan.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :geauxtige

3. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

This is something I do not undersand.

LSU is 4-0 and ranked in the top 12 or top 10 depending on the poll. All our wins are over BCS schools and two are over ranked teams (at the time we played them).

Our defense is playing great. Our offense is struggling but putting up the points necessary to win.

Maybe if we were 2-2 or 1-3 the doubters wouldn't have to struggle to justify their complaints. Some "fans" just never seem to have the ability to enjoy success.
    :eek:ldskule:

4. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

It's not how you start it's how you finish and we are 4-0 against weak competition and we struggled offensively....the same level of competition that former LSU teams would have hung 40 points on easily.

When your defense pins WV to an average starting field position of around their own 20 yard line and the LSU average starting field position is the WV 47 and you only win by 6...the offense is not doing the job and if things don't change dramatically this season will get ugly when we actually start playing legitimate top 25 teams.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm a little tired of hearing about our weak competition. We have had arguably some of the stiffest competition in the first 4 weeks of the season. To have played only BCS conference schools is one of those reasons I say that. Few others have done this, and our non-BCS competition is actually sandwiched nicely into the middle of our season, which should be a good thing for our team.

Is the offense disappointing? Absolutely. Will it get fixed? I don't know.

However, this team is better than last year's team in every aspect, except for one. If we can get even mediocre QB play, we can win the West.

2 people like this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

lotta truth in this statement

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

To each his own . . . I'll cry when we start losing. I'm not going to cry all season over the fear of losing.

And I do not think that 8 or 9 wins is a disaster in the SEC. I've seen disasters and they come with numbers like 3-8, 4-7, 5-6. I like being in the top 10.

I bitch and moan like everyone on the offensive issues, but I'm damned if I'm going to let it ruin my football season, which I expect to end in a January bowl game.

Again.

8. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Yeah, I'm going to disagree with you Stacy. Two of the four teams are bottom SEC teams and UNC was arguably a non-pass interference call away from beating us with a depleted team.

I am very glad we are 4-0 but it's a slightly empty victory so far due to the offensive performance. You should expect that each week, especially against the opponents we've played so far, there would be improvement but the fact is the offense is back sliding. I've watched our SEC West competition each week and I see teams like Auburn getting better and right now I don't feel very good about our chances against any of our future SEC West opponents, except maybe Ole Miss.

Hopefully the train will get on the tracks.....

9. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Red,
    There is a lot of truth to what you say, and I'm by no means crying, but I do have a lump in my throat.

When I look at the talent on this team and the potential, then an 8 or 9 win season is underachieving....and that's what's disappointing.

My season is not ruined and I still have hope that it can turn around, but in the same regard, there isn't much happening yet that is giving me a lot of confidence we'll be watching LSU on January 1.

10. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

and if ridley doesn't fumble on our last offensive drive UNC never gets close. If Jasper doesn't miss a fieldgoal in the first quarter we win by even more. If our player doesn't get hit early on that onside kick we probably recover and they don't come "a non-pass interference call away from beating us" Come on we can play the "if" game all day. We won against UNC fair and square, on the road.