Found this post on VolNation..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dat-Tiger-Fan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Both of those "bottom dwellers" have beaten "more respectable" SEC teams so far this year in Ole Miss (I know that's a stretch, but many here are afraid of them) and UGA (who Tiga wants to trade coaches with.)

I'm not saying we've played stellar competition, but it's not nearly as weak as many teams have played. Alabama is the defending national champions, and they've only been on TV twice this season because no one cared enough to televise San Jose State or Duke.

1 person likes this.
  2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I don't think that there's a single Tiger fan out there who isn't happy that we're 4-0. But that fact, as well as the fact that we're in the top 10/12 in the nation, means diddley poo about how we'll finish the season out. Hell, last year, we worked ourselves up to #4 at 5-0, and it all unraveled from there. So I don't take a whole lot of solace in where we are now. What's particularly concerning is that Jefferson has somehow managed to be more anemic than he was last year. But there's no need to hash that out, again. It just makes it really difficult to feel optimistic about the remaining schedule.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I said "would" not "want". Richt's wife is hotter though.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

We started off last year 6-0. Many had concerns and were told, "we're 6-0. What's your problem?" Turned out that the concerns were justified. Looks like we might be repeating history.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

To be fair, we could also go 12-2 (SECCG & Bowl) or even 11-3 and be very happy.

It's too early to tell. I'd just like to see SOMETHING from QB play to allow me to lean more towards such a season.

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Everyone in the SEC gets one PPV game during the season. San Jose St. was ours. I saw it and many LSU fans probably bought the ESPN gameplan for just that game. Duke was on ABC 2:30 game with a regional package. Penn St. was the national game as well as Ar-Kansas. Florida will make three weeks in a row they have been the national game of the week.

7. StaceyO

Why are you defensive about your Duke and San Jose State "contests"? Since LSU was playing UNC during that SJS debacle, I doubt very seriously that many of us bought ppv to see that game.

I forgot that Duke was regional coverage, mainly because I remember a Bama alum friend running out of his study to brag about Alabama's offensive production he'd been watching on his computer when I dropped my daughter off to spend the night with her friend.

I'm not saying that Alabama isn't worthy of a national game of the week, just that Alabama's OOC schedule (besides Penn State) hasn't excited the networks very much.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Please tell me that you're joking.

9. StaceyO

I doubt it. Too many "fans" on here moan and swoon so over Saban that he naturally assumes we'd rather watch them play against a high school than see our own game.

10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I have been known to editorialize fact with fiction, but as far as I know it's almost correct.

Speaking of editorials, I heard yesterday that Miles said: "We are watching Lee improve everyday.I think there is a want to reward him for competing and get him on the field. I can't tell you exactly when that will happen, but I can tell you in short order, we'll reward his competition and let him play." There you are, Lee will play against Tennessee and I think a lot. Take it to the bank.