Four Downs with Tony Barnhart College football reporter and commentator

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Sep 28, 2006.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/115943527945860.xml&coll=3

I think Barnhart thinks Florida is so good because the only game he watches them in is against his Dawgs every year.

Leak comes in when Tebow moves them down the field and throws a touchdown pass and has more picks. I would not want Leak.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

C'mon, Tony, get yer head out of your butt.

I'm seriously hoping Fla hangs on this week vs. Alabama. The Kentucky game was a shade above embarrasing, IMO.

"Dismantling" is the one word that comes to mind regarding what'll happen to UF on Oct. 7. Just need them upright and undefeated before it happens...

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I think he's dead wrong, I surely don't see it. For one thing, Leak has 4 interceptions in 110 passing attempts and Russel has only 1 in 95. Can't say it's because of the coompetition each has played b/c they played Tenn. on the road and we played Auburn- Auburn's D no comparison to Tenn. The rest of the games each played don't show that much disparity.

Leak can't run the ball at all and has negative rushing yardage, Russell's numbers are not a lot better but he is harder to bring down and will get the pass off with defenders hanging on him where Leak would be pulling grass out of his face mask. LSU!

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

The two best championship-caliber teams in the SEC are the teams that have the championship-caliber defenses .......... LSU and Auburn.

Tony Barnhart, Chris Leak, Urban Myth, and the Gators are about to learn that the hard way.

5. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Chris Leak will not be a good NFL QB.

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

LSU, Auburn and maybe Georgia will all be ranked higher then UF at the end of the year.

7. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

chris leak to LSU?...how about kenny irons to LSU=:crystal:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's a mistake to underestimate Florida. Leak has flaws but he's still a damn good college quarterback and he beat us badly the year we won the National Championship.

Right now, Florida has the #1 total offence and the #2 total defense in the SEC. They are for real and are going to be hard to beat in the swamp.

9. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

I agree with you Red, we can't underestimate FLA, but I think we can agree they may be overrated. True they have a great offense, but they have only played one decent defensive team in Tenn. and they are not considered great by any means. They only squeeked by Tenn and I am sure alot of people believe they may not have been the better team. Lack luster performances against lack luster opponents.

Gameplan for FLA should be the same for any other top 10-25 ranked team, play solid, mistake free football and let the talent decide the score. LSU is a better football team all the way around.

FLA may have alot of home games this year, but playing Myers offense against credible defenses will wear out their offense down the road. It really is to bad that we play them so soon. No way they win out or only lose to Auburn. LSU-Aub-off-UGA-SC.

I can see the ole ball coach pulling the upset later in the season.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

JR is definitely not consistent enough in his play to win championships but the argument that Chris Leak is..... is ludicrous.