Fournette in the spotlight.. hope we still are working on our passing game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Aug 5, 2016.

1. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

I'm getting very pumped for the start of the season.

I've noticed Fournette getting a lot of focus recently. I worry that CLM is so enamored with the run game that he thinks he's going to beat everyone with our RBs.

I sure hope we are working on an effective pass game. Something we really haven't seen in the Miles Era.

Without balance, we'll get stoned at the line every game.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Fool me once

TwistedTiger and ExoticGlass1 like this.
  3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

And a whole lot less stressful in that approach. We're going through it now at QB. I think I'll wait to after fall camp to panic. Avoid the rush.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I don't know....the entire country is talking about Leonard Fournette so I don't know if it is necessarily Miles doing all the talking or whether, as a Heisman candidate, he is simply fielding more questions about Fournette. Now, all of that said, we all know that Les would love nothing more than to run it up the middle for 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust. I do, however, expect to see Harris make some strides as far as maturity, confidence and knowledge of the system. I am getting excited too!

StaceyO and ExoticGlass1 like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

I wish I had your optimism. I'm still uncertain if it's Les and the system or just the quarterbacks we keep getting. I saw a quarterback in Brandon Harris that got worse as the season progressed. Now to be fair he was injured, so I don't know if that was a major contributing factor or not. We shall see.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Realistically, of course, Harris regressed because of the injury (on a late-ish hit) after tying the score in the Alabama game. Prior to that, he was getting better each week. Now, we have the most experienced QB in the SEC and a team loaded with talented and experienced juniors and seniors.

If Miles is to win another NC, this is the year to do it. No question about it.

And Fournette is the best running back of his generation. We will run him, and we should. Ask Saban how many times he ran his Heisman winner as the season wound down last year.

Tiger in NC, didit and LSUTiga like this.
  7. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Cooper Bateman will be more than ready. I do not think he will have the kind of season Coker had but he will learn under kiffin and come middle of the season Alabama will be as good as anyone. Nick Saban is just that great of a coach.

TUSKtimes likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

Big difference, Alabama could throw the ball when called upon. If the nail chewer Henry wasn't effective, Coker was. Everyone and their mom knows that LSU is going to run the ball 60 to 65 percent of the time. If we have no passing game or at least some form of one its same ole story.

tirk likes this.
  9. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Biggest difference is we haven't stuck with anyone long enough. Quarterback develope in a system. You're not going to come across Cameron Newtons and Johmny Manziels every year. Zack Mettenberger had two years to develope and even Jamarcus Russel had growing pains.

KyleK likes this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

A decent passing game will get LF more yards in the long run. I'm sure Miles understands the logic, just don't know if Harris can pull the trigger on anything under 15 yards