Fournette vs Derrick Henry - Deja Vu

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm watching Jacksonville vs Tennessee. JVille had 1st and goal from the 3 yard line. LF gets stuffed on the the carries off tackle. 1st and 10 from the one yard line and Henry takes it to the house. 99 yards.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

LF is beyond frustrated. Can't imagine why. Lol

The jags are not even warm dog shit. They're just frozen and brittle. Sad to witness such cluster fuck. Gonna watch narcos

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Dont they both play on offense still?

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It's Henry's 3rd career NFL 100-yard game. It's his 44th career NFL game....Alabama and Derrick Henry can both suck it!

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good choice. I'm watching The Aviator.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yep, that next big powerhouse fizzled in a hurry, didn't it?

Brian likes this.
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That hadn't dawned on me. I don't follow the NFL closely ... he's at the average retirement age of a NFL back now, isn't he? 44 games translates to about two and a half years, right?

I saw a graphic pointing to one of his runs being 21+ mph (IIRC,) high for some college. And at his size. I still shake my head about his whole career starting with Lugenbill's take about "destined to be a linebacker."

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Longevity isnt the same as productivity. Most just dont pan out in NFL. The ones that are good/consistent play for a while. Certain gump in NOLA comes to mind. Size/speed wise, DH projected well as a TE but I guess he lacks the hands and shiftyness.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Off to the side I've seen fans talk about how he's been utilized. What I know of his career pretty well stops there. I saw the clip on Twitter—impressive run.

OT: There's an accountant out of ATL that has a Twitter account publishing pro updates, Bama 'centric, of course. I don't know if LSU has a fan that does the same. It's an interesting follow. I don't know where he finds the time—or the source of energy for the effort.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I don't follow the NFL like I do CFB. I am a Saints fan and follow Cowboys because that is what my home (Dallas area) is in to. The rest of the NFL aren't even on tv. That is a fault of the NFL television contracts.

If an LSU stud gets drafted by anyone outside those teams, they are done to me. Not cast out, but I couldn't care less. Most CFB fans only really like the stat of how many of their team get drafted and how high for the sake of argument.

TerryP likes this.