Fox sports analysis of the SECCC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

2. MarylandVol

MarylandVol Freshman

Looks like the Fox Sports people are making a safe guess - I sure didn't get any overwhelming confidence in an LSU upset from that report.

3. Ellis Hugh

Well, as much as I am pulling for the upset, the fact is that UT is #2 and LSU is #21. Not too many writers will be picking LSU.

BUT I AM !!!!!!!!!!

4. MarylandVol

MarylandVol Freshman

Well, I have to admit that I am really apprehensive about this game - we've all seen what motivation can do for a determined team, and LSU has been a whipping boy to UT not dissimilar to UT's beatings by the Gators. The difference is the only occassional meetings between the Gators and the Vols.

There is one difference though - UT has has to come from behind in ALOT of games this year, so they have had a lot of practice for that situation. The Vols are close to peaking at the right time, and I think there is a healthy respect for the Tigers' talent, which was not the case coming from the Gators. A 6.5 point spread vs the Tigers is nowhere close to being as insulting as 17 point underdogs to the Gators. I also haven't seen UT's defense play so well in a while. They were VERY hungry for Gators!

It will be an exciting game, and again it's tough that someone has to lose. Regardless, LSU has certainly got alot better in a short amount of time to be playing for the title.

It's been a wacky season so nothing is beyond the realm of possibility at this point! ;-)

PS: Don't start yelling "tiger-bait" - had enough of that Gatorbait stuff last week! ;-)

5. Ellis Hugh

TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!TIGER BAIT! TIGER BAIT!:D :D :D :D

6. MarylandVol

MarylandVol Freshman

yeah yeah yeah....Here kitty kitty kitty....