Foxsports.com lsit Xavier Carter as a breakout player in 2004

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, May 18, 2004.

1. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I completely agree. He looked like he was the most comfortable on the field. He made crazy moves on defenders. I really hope the kid heals and makes the most of his talent. I hate to see injury cut anyone's career short, especially a kid this special.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

on that note, did you happen to see Glenn Dorsey's highlights or see him play in person? 5A opposition looked like girls against him. triple teamed. what a nightmare he could be.

3. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Don't count out Carter and Doucet to start early, experience has never been a requirment at WR under Saban, ex. Clayton, Reed, Henderson

4. tirk

nope but picking up the system, blocking downfield and running the right routes will be the experience jimbo will be looking for. whoever does this best will get the job.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

WR is the easiest position to play as far as learning the offense but Skyler did have a hard time with it. But Nick did say to the press that he expects both of these guys coming in to add to the mix and possibly play this coming season. If Early is really the best WR in the country we will find out quick, I would think he may be a little behind though since he had to play so much QB in high school.

6. tirk

I think some would argue running back.

7. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

I would argue that. WR must not only learn pass routes but must also learn how to run them, something that is not easy to do. They must learn how to find holes in different coverages and get in them. Even recognizing different coverages can be exremely hard to accomplish. Excited to see XC and Early play, but I'll praise em when they're proven. :thumb:

8. cajdav1

If it weren't for having to pick up blitzes and choose who to block on a lead play as well as having to learn how to learn routes just like a WR and how to learn to read defenses just for those routes just like a WR, I would agree. :thumb:

9. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

I'm not sayin the RB postition is an easy position to master, all I'm sayin is that the in making the transition from High School to the College Level is easier for a RB than a WR. Might be wrong, but that's my opinion. I think it is much easier for a freshman running back to make an impact then a WR, or at least that's been my observation. By the way, what is the most difficult position to learn on the collegiate level? In your opinion, of course.

10. cajdav1

I think QB and O-line are the hardest positions to learn at any level. In the NFL the QB position is very mastered very seldom by anyone. And like I said on the other post, a RB needs to learn all of the same things a WR does plus learn all of the blocking schemes and picking up blitzes, etc. Ask David Green how important that is as well as hard to learn!!! :hihi: