Foxsports says UAB "unworthy" of bid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerlaw, Mar 14, 2005.

1. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Some interesting stats even if you don't agree

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/3461950?GT1=6302

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i love this, the espn guys were saying it all night. should be an easy 12 point win, a great warmup.

i am officially looking past uab.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have been reading that UAb loves to run.

they think they can run with the likes of minor and mitchell? hahaha, those two are as fast as guards get. and for their size, the big fellas are no slouches. i really cant think of a better matchup. UAB is perfect. i couldnt write it any better. i would have feared an undertalented slowdown team with some serious 3 pt firepower, but conference USA run-n-gunners? HA!

"I mean, I've never sat around and said 'I sure would like to visit Boise.' All I know about Boise is that it's known for its potatoes." - antonio hudson

and just when i thought things couldnt get any better, i read that the venue is called taco bell arena! i have always dreamt of watching an event from taco bell.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

two things stand out to me about UAB.. they are good at getting turnovers and they play tough D... If they can frustrate our point guards, they could cause some trouble.

5. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

LSU is 3.5 point favorites, place your bets now!

6. friday

friday Founding Member

let's hope the players don't have the same mentality as martin. the fact that the media is saying ND should have gone over UAB will only give the blazer's incentive to prove them wrong. don't forget this team beat washington and Kentucky to advance to the sweet 16. LSU is in no position to be looking past anyone.

7. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

I'd have rather played N.D., Maryland or Depaul.

UAB plays uptempo and presses. From the way Tack handled that last shot vs. Kentucky, that scares the bejesus out of me, I don't care how well he played the last 2-3 games before that.

/will have us beating UAB
    //will have us beating Arizona on 1 of 3 brackets

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I'm applying the Saban philosophy...one game at a time.

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

You can never look past anyone in the tourney. Less we forget that this is March Madness. Remember a few years ago when Hampton beat 2 seed ISU? Less we forget how frequently we see 11 seeds beat 6 seeds. Its not going to be easy. There will be numerous factors. UAB should not be in the Tourney. But they are. With that being said, anything can happen once you get in. I think that Miami, Oh would have been a better team to get that bid. But, unlike Dickie V, I dont think Notre Dame came anywhere close to being In. They were 9-7 in conference, but they played weak OOC schedule. Then, the loss to Rutgers capped it off. But, in there defense, their conference got a lot of bids. But, its not the horrible thing that ESPN wants to make it out to be. Plus, UNI? cmon now.