Foxsports says UAB "unworthy" of bid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerlaw, Mar 14, 2005.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

the team cant look past anyone, but as a fan, i am looking past UAB.

this just in, i am also now looking past arizona!

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well, as a fan your right. I thought you meant that the team cant look past anyone. But, heres the bad thing about looking past someone. Lets say that LSU loses to UAB, you'll get the superstitious type who will say you cost them the game b/c you looked past lol. just joking

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'm with you martin, I think LSU is really going to have to play a great game against UNC in order for this season to not be a complete and utter failure.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Man thats kinda lofty dont you think? So if they make it to the Sweet 16 and play a close game with Okie st, this season was a failure? Or are you joking?

5. NoLimitMD

Yea Scrappy, that's right. They make it to the Final 2 and lose? It's a complete failure. :nope: :rofl:

And Brady should be fired retroactively, effective 2002. :hihi: The Brady Haters crack me up at this time of year.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This cracked me up from the article:

"At 2-7 against the RPI top 50, Minnesota's season did not merit a No. 8 seed. Having lost to Florida State and Northwestern, Dan Monson's Golden Gophers should have earned a 9 seed."

In my book there's not much difference between an 8 and 9 seed.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

look, if we dont have 4 national championship rings on big baby's fat fingers by the time he leaves, it will be a bitter disappointment.

you losers and your modest goals disgust me.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

LOL. I think that making the tourney was a feat in it self. Not so much that they made, b/c they've had the talent all along. It's the fact that they have overcome differences, overcome people not believing in them, playing in front of half empty crowds all year and have gone dancing. They believed in themselves. I think even if they make it to the second round and lose, its a def stepping stone.

9. NoLimitMD

There you go again, blaming it on the fans! The game's played on the court, Scrapheap! :rofl:

In all seriousness, I would be disappointed if they lose in the second round. Hell, Dale Brown could at least do that!

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Lol. I've never been called scrapheap before. Thats a new one. All Im saying is that they have overcome many doubters to get where they are.