Fran needs a body guard..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I went over to the tidefans.com. Those folks are really scarey. They are showing true hate for the man. This is a very sad thing to see people saying the things bama fans are saying. The arrogance of the bama nation runs deep. It is truly hard to believe these people couldn't see this coming. "Nobody would ever do this to us." Franchoine is an asshole, but he should not have to be looking over his shoulder in fear. I can understand why he did not go back to bama. He would of never got out of the state.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

It is sort of sad, these are the same people who were blasting us when we said the guy is an idiot for they way he acted to Saban. Told us we were jealous because they had fran etc etc.

Also I see they are attacking his wife, and saying they want to physically attack him.

Guess they need a little perspective.

3. Goodlifetiger

Texastigers this is not just sad, it is horrible. You remember the M of ohio people saying they needed extra security for the marshall game because of threats over the internet boards. These bama fans truly need to take a step back and think. They are now worse than the man they are going after. It is football people surely you wouldn't harm a man and his family over it.

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Re: ...

tigerfan I am not trying to be rude...but look at your signature, you need to practice what you preach dude.....all I am saying is you need to look at yourself, before you start preaching elsewhere

5. Goodlifetiger

Tigerlifer3, you cann't see the difference in screw fran and threatening his family and his well being, surely you can. I hope.

6. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

did you guys hear

Phyllis from Bama on the Paul Finebaum show? It was hysterical! You know I can't blame them though I think I would have gone ballistic too had Saban left after last season, especially to go to A & M. Talk about a lopsided move if I've ever seen one.

7. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

The Bama fans are just blowing off steam. Yeah, they are mad and saying some spiteful things, but come on, they really wouldn't hurt the man or his family. They feel betrayed. He had a website set up on the Aggie boards...coach fran.com...on Nov. 25.
    We didn't know this until after the fact. He knew then he was going. If you saw some of his quotes in our local newspapers about staying at Alabama (and these quotes go right until the day before he tood the am job) you'd understand why we are so bitter. He called the report out of Texas "bogus". I think thats spelled right? Anyway to get to my point, Bama fans are not being arrogant, they are being human. They got slapped in the face and they are mad. Now with that being said I serioulsy doubt that anyone would hurt he or his family. To say that is going a bit too far. They are just lashing out in frustration. A coach does not make a university. The boys had alittle something to with that ten game winning season. We've survived alot and we will survive this.

8. Goodlifetiger

Dixie are you saying that you didn't know he did the very same thing to TCU. It could be bama fans knew this they just thought that this is bama and no one would do this to us.

9. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Yes, I can honestly say that we did not know that he had already had things in place that far in advance. (well maybe some knew) but I certainly didnot. I don't think he went to the extent of trying to convince them that he was staying that he did here. I wish you could have seen some of the quotes in our local papers. He went to great extent in insisting that the texas papers were bogus.
    He said Monday night , to a quarterback club, that he had no other plan than to stay at Alabama. I don't know if I quoted him exactly, but it was close to that. I mean that was Monday night .
    Thats why we just couldn't believe that he was leaving. He was saying point blank that we had nothing to worry about. There are several statements that he has made in the past week that just made everybody believe him. Hes really good with words.
    Oh well, long story short...............we believed him right up until the end and we shouldn't have..........live and learn!

10. JTV

JTV Founding Member

I hate to say it, but Fran must have been looking at those scholarship restrictions coming down the pipe. It's pretty tough to win in the SEC with 65 players...