Fran Rumors

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Nov 22, 2002.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I just caught the end of the discussion on the TIcket today in Dallas, but the hardline was discussing Fran going to A&M. They did not believe it, but stated that he has in his contract an out for 4 Teams - A&M, Texas, Arizona St, and Notre Dame. He suppossedly really likes the state of Texas. I know this has been discussed on this forum, but this is the first time I have heard this in Texas. They said he is a great coach, and A&M would go nuts over him.
    Outside of further probation I just would not put A&M up with Alabama.

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

There are some stories posted over on the wareagle. No one know if it is so are not. Bama is having a tough time these days with rumors. Fran is surely keeping his options open.

3. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

His present contract has no "outs," and the new...

contract doesn't, either. That being said, any contract can be bought out. Slavery is unconsitutional. However, if he leaves, it won't be for A&M. In fact, if he leaves, it won't be for $$. If he wins at Bama, he's the king of the state - more recognized than the Governor. At AggieLand, he'll always be the afterthought - after the TU HC. The schools that would worry me would be Notre Dame and Texas. Some have said that KSU might be a problem, but he's got his sister still in that state and not much other family. I tend to think he'll stick at Bama. The tradition means more to him than most understand. However, I'm a realist. But A&M, gimme a break! Coaches LEAVE there to come to Bama, not the other way around.

4. Goodlifetiger

Re: His present contract has no "outs," and the new...

5. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Don't knock it, buddy, what have you been..

king of??

6. Goodlifetiger

Looks like this thread is headed for the smack board.

7. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Here is his quote from his webpage...

Now, if I were an TAM fan, would I want this big a liar? -

Nothing -- underline this, NOTHING -- will distract me, our assistant coaches, or our players from what we must accomplish on the field this Saturday, and the Saturday after that. I refused to answer the phone today after an idiotic story about Texas A&M in the San Antonio paper crossed my desk first thing this morning. I don't know how on earth these rumors get started and there's nothing I can do about them. I'd prefer to ignore them if people would let me.

This shouldn't even warrant a response. But to put your mind at ease, nothing in that story or things reported to me from emails today is true.

It all makes me angry because it takes away from what we should all be excited about this week, our game in one of the greatest college football rivalries in history. I'll repeat what I said a while back: R.C. Slocum is the head coach at Texas A&M, and he's a close friend of mine. To talk about speculation on his job would be unprofessional. He has his biggest rival Texas to prepare for and doesn't need or deserve all this rumor mill stuff.

And our players don't deserve it either, as we prepare for our biggest rival.

Roll Tide!

8. Goodlifetiger

Francis could shut all rumors off by signing his new contract. But I guess he isn't quite ready to go that far yet.

9. Goodlifetiger

But, this week we need to shut Elle down and score a few points. Geaux to Hell Ole Miss!

10. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Your'e a fool if you think signing the contract..

is going to stop the "Fran is going to ____" talk. He's too good.