Fran Rumors

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Nov 22, 2002.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, I talked to a guy whose sister knows a cop in Tuscaloosa that arrested one of the waiters at Ruth's Chris in the Birmingham Marriott and he says there is a contract.

2. JTV

JTV Founding Member

Fran

Fran to the Aggies is a DONE DEAL. He will sign for 2 million a year, and RC will be bumped up to an AD-type position. I've had this confirmed by an iron-clad source. Let me repeat, it's a DONE DEAL! I feel bad for Bama, and I HATE the Faggies, but a can't say I'm not relieved we won't be facing a Fran-led Tide team anymore, even with scholarship limitations...

3. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Stating the obvious is not"negative recruting" and so is saying Fran is leaving Ala. He's used "anger motivation" all season which may work in a short term situation but in the long term it will turn around and bite you on the *ss when the players relize whats being done to them, if he doesn't leave, look for several years of losing seasons.and thats the truth!

4. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

I really know better to jump on the

"Fran rumor" bandwagon. Personally, I don't care who coaches our opponents. It's our team's job to defeat whomever is rolled out there in front of them.

But I did read a column in the Dallas Morning News last week that reported that A&M was set to hire an AD from Mizzou who has hired Fran at UNM and SWT. Whether this story holds water is anyone's guess.

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Sabanfan was it the cop that said there was a contract or the waiter. I am not sure I would believe the cop but I am sure that waiters know everything.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Definitely the waiter

Probably heard it from a lawyer since they all eat at Ruth's.

7. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

This was posted the other day on Killerfrogs.com; some of you may have seen this already:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/

<<< Killerfrogs.com has learned from reliable sources that Dennis Franchione will resign from Alabama within the next couple weeks. Sources from Alabama have said, "It's a done deal". Along with a Franchione departure, it is speculated that Franchione's intention is to accept the head coaching job at Texas A&M - should RC Slocum resign or be fired.

Reports from newspapers have stated rumors that a "package" deal could be in place at A&M to bring in Missouri Athletic Director Michael Alden to replace A&M's outgoing Athletic Director Wally Groff. Alden was AD at Southwest Texas State and New Mexico and is good friends with Franchione. Alden toured the A&M campus last weekend when Missouri played at Kyle Field.

Killerfrogs.com is not reporting any news with A&M or RC Slocum. We are reporting that Dennis Franchione has made it clear to Alabama that he will not return as head coach.

Stay tuned to killerfrogs.com for more information.

***NOTE TO OUR READERS***

We have been flooded with e-mails from Alabama, A&M and TCU fans regarding this report. Most of them have been speculative - doubting our sources or wanting some sort of validity. After all, we are not an AP news source. But, I'll try to answer several questions most of you have regarding this news.

Right now, we are the only ones "officially" reporting this news. While several newspapers (SA Express and DMN) have articles telling the reader to "put the clues together," we went ahead and called it official. I had a very reliable source e-mail me the info yesterday. I had a media relations director (not related to TCU) back up that source. So I called killerfrogs.com's President and asked his opinion and we decided we had enough to make it a story.

If we're wrong, we're wrong. And I'll hog tie my source and have him tar & feathered. BUT, I e-mailed the source back and gave him every opportunity to back out of what he said...and he replied "if you want to run with this, you have my support. I stand by it." So we went with it.

You can read into our story as using it for publicity for the website. While there's always a little truth in that (what newspaper or TV station doesn't want to be the "first to report"?); we would NOT have written this story if we didn't think it was valid. We're the most visited TCU website on the Internet and have a lot of credibility on the line. But we have enough confidence in our sources to trust that this story was solid.

Fran made a statement on his website (coachfran.com) "denying" the rumors and calling the San Antonio Express article "idiotic". But as WBAP personality Randy Galloway said on his radio show yesterday, that statement makes this story a little more valid. Fran said the same things to New Mexico when he left for TCU and the same to TCU when he left for Bama. Note in his statement he never denies the rumors. He simply states he's "tired" of hearing the rumors, wants to let RC do his job without all this speculation, says he'll "work on the contract when the season is over" (NOT "sign the contract"). This is the same language TCU fans heard 2 years ago.

Killerfrogs.com was the first to report Fran's departure from TCU, we were the first to report Billy Tubbs' departure and we were the first to report Gary Patterson and Neil Dougherty's hiring. We have good sources that have come through for us in the past...there's no reason to doubt them now. >>>