Fran to A&M

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dplsu, Dec 5, 2002.

1. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

Here are a few observations concerning the Franchione situation.

I guess you could call it bad Karma, but when LSU hired Saban, the overwhelming response from Bama fans, and others, was "enjoy it while you can, Saban will only bolt to the NFL or other NCAA program within a couple of years," while Fran was the second coming of the Bear.

Saban may or may not leave in the near future, but a lot of Tide Fans believed that Fran was at Bama because it was "BAMA" and that's where his heart was, it was the status, and so on. You hear a lot about history and tradition on these boards when referring to programs and coaches. Does anyone really believe that coaching decisions have anything to do with tradition...maybe if the potential coach is an alumni of the prospective university. It's about the money and the potential for improving a coaches stock and status. I think the days of good coaches staying at universities for the long haul are dwindling.

I think it's absurd to assume that Fran felt some kind of loyalty to Bama...WHY???? And why all the talk about deceiving players? Do players NOT understand that there is always a potential for a coach to either leave or be terminated? College football is a business, the heads of the universities treat it as a business, they feel no loyalty to a coach, why should the coach feel loyalty to a university? We all feel loyal to LSU because we either went there or live in the area....can't say that about most coaches.

Also, will the sanctions have something to do with his decision...absolutely. He is in the later years of his coaching profession and the NCAA sanctions will have an effect on Bama for several years and I think it will also be difficult for them to attract another big name coaching prospect.

Bama had a great season this year and I think a lot of it had to do with their probation. A team plays different when there is nothing to lose and something to prove. LSU played tight this year because there was everything to lose.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out....

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yeh it looks like it is a done deal. Well, I guess it sort of sucks for Bama, they were bamboozled....

I know we sort of enjoy it, for the way they acted to us last year with the whole Saban thing, and how they were saying with "Fran at the helm we are back" oh well so much for that.

I like Bama, sort of feel bad that they keep getting tossed under the bus like this.

Geaux Tigers.

3. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Im the immortal words of TigerFan..."SCREW FRANCHIONE":D

4. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Im the immortal words of TigerFan..."SCREW FRANCHIONE":D

5. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member