Fran

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

ESPN radio is reporting the Aggies are going to offer Francis a 2.8 million a year for five years. If nothing else Francis is going to make bama pay out the ass to get him to stay.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I know we have lost a bit of respect for Fran, with his sad performance after the LSU game, having actually believed an Internet Post, even though it was proven to be false. I know I sort of lifted an Eyebrow myself. I really think he is a great coach. Until he apologizes to Saban for acting like a two year old over a rumor, I will always look at him differently.

However, us Tiger Fans had to suffer through this last year. I know what it is like when rumor after rumor is circulating.

I have yet to read or hear anything solid on this. I believe Fran will stay at Bama. Wouldn't you ? think about it, coach in the SEC or in the Big 12 ?? Please.... the SEC is the premier conference in College Football, even when they are down they are 1 or 2 in the nation.

He is not going anywhere, I believe and may be waiting for this to play out to fill his bank account with more Bama money. Maybe with his raise he can get a computer and a TV so he can get the truth before making an ASs of himself with opposing coaches.

Let me add, although i was a bit harsh on Fran. I think he is a great coach and great for our conference. Aside from his antics to Saban, he is a class guy, treats his kids and program very well and you cannot deny what he has done with Bama this year. He is a good coach.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Great coaches are classy all the time...I can't recall a single negative thing about Bear Bryant. I hate Alabama, but I have great respect for that man.

So far, Saban's been a class act (witness the Florida game...he didn't run up the score and I was actually thanked by a co-worker who's a UF fan).

Fran had a (hopefully) moment of bad judgement, so it will be forgiven. I just hope he thinks next time before he does that.

I hope he stays at Bama. He and Saban could be the Spurrier and Fulmer for the 2000's. (I just hope Fran is the one that puts on all the weight.) :D

4. Porkus_Supremus

Porkus_Supremus Freshman

From Phyliss

Get offa Bama's back peeeeooooppllleee!!!

Luv

Phyliss from Mulga
    Some Trailor Park in Bammer

5. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

Franchione is classless. The last 2 jobs he left, he insisted before he left there was no truth to any rumors he'd be leaving for another job. He's denying the A&M rumors, which much mean he's leaving soon.

The BS he pulled with Saban after the LSU game is unforgivable. He knew about the internet hoax, but yet continued to try to push any advantage he could get, as Alabama is recruiting a few of the players LSU is. Franchione didn't give a s__ about Saban's good name, about the class Saban conducts himself with.

I could care less if Franchione leaves or stays at Alabama. We'll see just how "great" a coach he is when Alabama graduates their current juniors and seniors, players Franchione didn't recruit.

He can kiss my a__.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We've got a game with Arkansas this weekend. Who really gives a sh!t about Franchione?

At least it's diverting the rumor mongers away from the annual "Nick is going to the NFL" stories, but otherwise it's diverting us from talking football before an important game.

Let the Bammers worry about this.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

oh..

Geaux Tigers! Geaux to Hell HOGS! How is that? Back on the right track I hope.