Franchione's exchange with Saban after the game.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUAthletics, Nov 18, 2002.

1. 4 LSU!

4 LSU! Freshman

Hi, I'm new to the board and I've been surfing through the discussions. BayouTider, you're doing a good job at keeping your cool here... but i guess that's what's expected of a guest. I know there are fans from every school that spout off ignorant comments and insults. Just let them go. I talked so much crap to Bama fans before the game, but afterwards i let it go. I didn't bring up the SEC and all that crap.
    Bama won, but I still have faith in LSU... we will get y'all next year when we're not hurting so bad!
    Good luck in Hawaii.

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Terry K

Thank you for proving what all of us knew all along . .because Bear and Stallings did something . . its okay for Fran to do it . . .

Its okay for Fran to not say school names and instead use nicknames . . but can you imagine is Saban or Tuberville used SPUAT when talking about Bama

Its okay for Fran to not shake someones hand and for being pissy about an FRIGGIN' INTERNET RUMOR!!!!!!!!!! . .

Its okay for Fran to throw the ball 40 yards into the endzone up by 24 with with under two minutes left.

Its okay for one of Fran's players (Beard) to run smack at Saban after the LSU game

Its okay for Fran's guys to dance on the T at the UT game

Its okay for Fran to use negative recruiting

Its okay for Fran to call a timeout at the end of the USM game

Its okay for Fran to fake pose on the goal posts during the LSU game warm ups because some of you people have such an unhealthy fascination with Bear that he feels he has to do these things to be accepted.

I feel bad for the guy. He is a fantastic coach, but its obvious he is going to have to spend his life being compared to men that he is nothing like . .

Whats the matter Terry K? Are all of the "facts" that you have been spouting (NCAA will accept the self-imposed sactions, NCAA will reverse on appeal) finally turned those folks against you so now you are going to belittle the folks over hear with your comments. Well, if your claim that none of the current players are involved in this are as valid as your attempts to predict the NCAA's decision . . ya'll are in a WORLD of hurt.

3. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

chuck, you trying to pick a fight? :mad: you seem a little obsessed with bama over here and making sure we look as bad as possible. a little tidal envy?

i'll just pick apart ONE of your claims for now, but we can look them all over if you want to keep this up...

our last score came with 4:07 on the clock saturday

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

gleeeeeeeeeennnn . .OF COURSE I'M TRYING TO PICK

A FIGHT!!!!! I'm trying to have "fun" with bama folks that are on this board . . you know I'm not going to argue with you about this stuff . .I think we have already gone 105 rounds. :)

no actually, I usually let these things go, I just get annoyed when Bama and LSU Folks are getting into arguments and Auburn somehow gets dragged into it . . .

However, to use some of the folks over here's favorite comment . .I tire of the "Fran can do no wrong" attitude that the Bama folks and the media have. ESPECIALLY when Bama folks and the media are so quick to point out other coaches problems. Coaches are going to do things wrong once in a while . that's just the way the world turns.

My "Francie has the best team money can buy" quote was extremely sarcastic and a response to Terry's comment . .not to be taken seriously.

5. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

:D

but you guys REALLY are to blame for all of the problems in the world! the stock market's terrible performance can be attributed not to enron's shaky books, but auburn university! the high price of gasoline and crude oil right now is not due to the problems in the world, but auburn university! hee haw ever being on primetime tv is the fault of auburn university! milli vanilli can be blamed on auburn university! i could go on and on pointing out all of the things auburn university is to blame for in this world, but that might get old and i don't want to bore anybody and i sure don't want to drag auburn university into a discussion on another team's board. but let's just suffice to say that auburn university is to blame for my dog eating my homework in the third grade and all of those missing socks from my dryer over the years, and much much more!:D

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Now now children..

Could you boys please go fight somewhere else. We have a game to win.

7. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Actually

if LSU doesn't make it to Atlanta we'll most probably play the Cotton Bowl.

And to Terry: you must be a defense attorney. That's all I can gather. If you think for one second that Bama didn't agree to Hawaii to give a slap in the face to the NCAA you really are dumb. I was in Tuscaloosa at the HEIGHT of the NCAA investigation and a shop right on the corner near the stadium that sells official NCAA merchandise had white shirts with red writing all lined up at the base of the window and on them was printed "NCAA SUCKS". So don't give me that crap that Bama isn't taking the attitude. I'll tell you this much, if the LSU Union had that in the window of the bookstore I can guarantee you Skip wouldn't let them stay there. For a student to have printed that shirt and/or wear it to the game or wherever is cool. For a supposed professional to be ok with that is absurd. On the same note, for a coach to buy into what only fans should be buying into and not shake Saban's hand is also absurd. That move may come back to bite him in the ass one day. What if Fran bombs, and needs a job that Saban has available?

By the way, the first year LSU basketball was on probation we did awesome to "prove a point" to the rest of the conference. Things went downhill from that season. Don't count your eggs before they hatch Bama fans.

8. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Re: Running up the score...

Tyler comes to the line with four plays to call, one primary and three checks. The primary was for yet one more smoke draw (can we be sure that wouldn't score? [g]). When you put nine in the box, with a possible corner blitz coming, he did the logical thing and checked to the pass. There were five minutes left and the score was 24-0. Sure a comeback was remote, but, with that much time left, we shouldn't be volunteering to go three and out or taking a knee.

9. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

The "running up a score thing"...

has always been a non--issue to me, no matter what coach or team we were playing. If you have a porblem with a team trying to score on you - STOP THEM. Even with the BCS madness - winning margins are noticed and factored - no matter how much you hear otherwise. I think the only bad move was having your starting quarterback in so late when the issue as well in doubt. We've learned the hard way how that can backfire on you.

10. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

EBT, we've found one thing to agree on...

Croyle should have been in much earlier. It's not as if he didn't have to carry the load for a couple of games earlier. I think he needs as much PT as possible, no matter how "hot" Tyler is.